Chapter 11

Bella POV

I'm scared now.

It's dark.

And it's 11 at night.

Iv tried calling Nash and Matt and the other guys but all there phones keep going to voice mail.

As much as I want to go home, I can't. If Ryder's there it's not a safe place.

My call finally goes through to Nash.

"Nash?" I say into the phone but here is no reply.

"Nash please" I plead into the phone but still there is so answer. "I screwed up!" I yell now crying. Then the line went dead.

"NO!" I screamed.

"Bella?" I heard a voice. I jumped and turned around. It was Colton. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He said rubbing his neck. I can tell when he is nervous he rubs his neck.

"Oh it's okay." I said quietly. But I didn't look him in the eye. I can't trust him to easy. He could be just like Ryder.

"I saw you run off and I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said and smiled.

"Thanks." I said gave a fake little smile and looked away. "How did you keep up with me?" I asked sniffling.

"I had my brother drive me." He said pointing to the car about a distance away. Wow. Bella your stupid. I saw the kid in the driver seat. Looked around matts age. He wasn't bad looking I admit but right now isn't the time to look at hot guys.

"Do you want a ride home?" He asked with sincere in his eyes.

"You seem really sweet but I can't go in a car with strangers." I said.
"But thank you for the offer." I said giving another smile.

"Okay." He said walked to his brothers car. He said something with to his brother then he drove off leaving Colton behind.

"What are you doing?" I asked and kinda yelled so he could hear me.

"Well you can't take rides from strangers but you never said anything about walking with strangers." He laughed at his own joke and I just shook my head smiling.

"I guess" I said. We started walking home. I stopped.

"What's wrong?" Colton asked looking back at me.

"I..I can't go home." I stuttered.

"Why?" He asked. His face showed that he was very confused.

"It's just something happened and I just can't go back." I said still standing in the middle of the road.

"Parents?" He asked. I shook my head indicating no. "Siblings?" He asked again. I shook my head again.

"Well kind not really though." I said. I was just as confused as what Ryder was to me. I guess he was my step-brother but I would never consider him a brother or even a friend.

"Well I would offer you to stay at my house but ya know. I'm a 'stranger'" he said making air quotes around the word stranger.

I laughed and lightly hit him. He laughed as well.

"Cmon let's get you home." He said. We walked in a awkward silence until we finally reached my house.

"Thank you so much." I said giving Colton a friendly hug.

"Anytime." He said giving me a smile.

"Do you need me to walk you in?" He said. He seemed like a great friend to have.

"Would you mind?" I sweetly.

"Not at all!" He said. He went infront if me and opened the door. It was dark and it looked like nobody was home until I heard a Big Bang from upstairs and a lot of yelling and laughter.

I knew my brother and his friends were here.

I heard a bunch if footsteps coming down the stairs. It sounded like a heard of elephants.

"Bella there you are!" Hayes yelled pulling me into a bone crushing hug.

"Uh." I said not really feeling a sibling bonding moment.

"Who's this?" Asked Matt submerging from the crowd of boys.

"This is Colton." I said nonchalantly.

"And why is he here?" Matt continued.

"He, unlike any of you, helped me home." All the guys stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say.

I said goodbye to Colton and thanked him again. After he left I pushed through the boys and went up to my room. Not speaking a word to anyone on my way.

I looked into the guest room and I saw Ryder sitting on the bed playing on his phone. He looked up and saw me.

"Hey can I talk to you?" He asked getting up and walking towards me.

I sprinted into my room and locked the door. I heard several knocks but didn't get up to open it. I laid on my bed wrapped my self up In blankets and slowly fell asleep.