Chapter 31

Hayes POV

I saw carter in the parking lot and ran to the car.

"Is Matt really awake?" My eyes must be filled with hope.

"Yeah he seems to be doing pretty well, but he won't talk to any of us because Bella isn't okay" his voice trailed off and I understood what he meant.

"Make sure you call your aunt and tell her you aren't coming" carter said turning down the music.

"shit" I mumbled and took out my phone. I clicked on her contact it rang a few times and was sent to voicemail.

"No answer?" He asked. I nodded.

"I will just call later" I said and put my phone away.

"Don't forget or Nash will be mad...he doesn't even know I came and got you." He admitted.

"I figured. Lately he's been in a such a bad mood. "

"Well your sister is in the hospital"

"Well yeah. Were all upset about that but he has blocked everyone out, it's like he can't live without Bella" I ranted.

"Well could you live with out Bella?" Carter asked.

"No of course not" I started. "But Bella's gonna be okay."

"Hayes." Carter said but then stopped talking. "Buddy, there is a big chance that Bella might not wake up, or if she wakes up she may not remember any of us, or even be disabled. I don't want you to get your hopes up." He said sincerely.

"There really is a chance she could never wake up?" I asked my voice got quieter as I spoke. He nodded.

"Nash is just trying to help you" he said. We both dropped the subject of Bella.

"Cmon let's grab something to eat before we go back to he hospital" he said rubbing my back.

Nash POV

I sat in the waiting room trying to calm my self down. I took deep breathes. I slowly got my breathing under control when I saw Ryder walk into the room looking around until our eyes locked. He walked over to me and took a seat next to me.

"Hear me out" he said to break the silence. I nodded but wouldn't look at him.

"I understand what I did was wrong" he said and waited for me to reply, but I didn't say anything.

"Iv changed" he said "I really think I-" I cut him off.

"You've changed!? How the fuck am I supposed to believe that?" I shook my head at him and stood up to leave.

"I was trying to protect her" he said quickly gaining my full attention.

"Protect her?" I asked competed shocked. He nodded. "You were trying to protect her by stalking her? Threatening her?" I laughed. It was a cold laugh only mean to intimidate him. "Just let me protect my sister and you can stay out of her life" I said and walked away leaving Ryder scared and shocked.

My first story is almost at 1 million reads! That's crazy! Love you guys so much ❤️