14

I'm sitting at the dining room table waiting for Caleb to get home. He's a couple hours late. He's never late.

I've called him a couple times but he never answered. I've texted him a couple times and no answer with those either. I'm really worried and trying so hard not to freak out.

I finally hear the front door. I get up so fast and run to Caleb literally jumping into his arms.

"Where were you?"

"I'm sorry for making you worry baby. It's just Kyle came to my office."

"What? What happened?"

"He could smell you in my office." I start shaking. "Baby calm down please."He starts petting my head.

He picks me up and he sits on the couch placing me on his lap. I'm not sure why but when he does that I calm down. It's like my safe place.

"He's trying to blackmail me. He says he'll tell the board of directors if I don't hand you over to him."

What is he going to do that? Is he going to give me back to Kyle?

"Baby stop thinking what you're thinking because it's not going to happen. The reason I was so late is because I talked to my brother.

He's flying in and will be here sometime tomorrow. I'm never going to let you go no matter what.

I'd rather lose my job then hand you over to that monster. I love you and you're not going anywhere."

"I love you too Caleb and I believe you. Um are you hungry?"

"Of course when am I not?"

"Ok good. I made spaghetti for dinner."

"Ok I'll be dining naked tonight."

"That pleases me." We both laugh

. I wake up the next morning and Caleb is in the shower. I get up and walk out to the kitchen to make some coffee. I'm making the coffee when I hear a voice behind me.

"Well hello to you." I turn around to see a tall man standing there.

"Who are you?"

"The question is who are you? You sexy little thing."

"Back off Derek

"Back off Derek." I turn to see Caleb standing there just in a towel.

"She's off limits so don't even think about it."

"Oh is my little brother in love?"

"Yes he is." Caleb walks up to me putting his arm around my waist. He whispers in my ear.

"As sexy as you look just wearing my shirt but go put on something else." He kisses my cheek.

I walk back to the bedroom and put on a pair of sweats. I walk back out to the kitchen and Caleb and Derek are talking at the dining room table.