50

Caleb's POV.

"Caleb it hurts."

That's all I've had running through my mind since we've been at the hospital.

I had Derek drop Jade and I off while he took Kyle. He actually just walked in.

"Is he still alive?"

"Yeah I've got my guys watching him at the warehouse. How is she?"

"I don't know. I have absolutely no idea. No one's come out in an hour."

Derek sighs deeply.

"Caleb Alexander?"

"Yeah that's me and this is my brother Derek."

"I'm Dr. Jensen."

"How's Jade? How's the baby?"

"I've already gone over all of this with Jade but unfortunately Jade had an ectopic pregnancy."

My heart just sank. As soon as he said unfortunately it felt like my heart got ripped in half. I hear Derek behind me.

"What's that?"

"It's when the fertilized egg attaches itself outside of the utuers."

"That's correct. We had to give her Methotrexate.

It's a medication that allows the body to reabsorb the fetus tissue.

It didn't look like there was any damages to the fallopian tube itself. Which is a good thing.

We also gave her a pain killer and antibiotics."

"How far how long was she?"

"Three weeks. She has no bleeding which is also a good thing."

"When can she come home?"

"We've got to keep her monitored over night but as long as there's no complications she should be able to go home tomorrow."

"Can we see her?"

"Of course follow me."

Derek and I follow the doctor down the hallway. Derek walks into the room first and gives Jade a hug.

I'm standing outside the room still.

For whatever reason my feet won't move. Derek walks up to me.

"Hey are you ok?"

"No I'm not. How the fuck can so much fucked up shit happen to one girl?"

"I can't answer that. All I know is she needs you right now."

I sigh deeply.

"You're right again."

We both walk into the room and I sit on the bed.

Neither of us say anything I just pull her close to me.

"I'm so sorry Caleb."

"Baby this isn't your fault. You have no control over this. I'm just glad I still have you."

"I'm just glad I wasn't further along. All this could of been a lot worse.

If I was further along there's a good chance I wouldn't have a fallopian tube anymore.