82

We stopped at a restaurant for lunch.

"Oh my god. You know what I just realized."

"What's that baby?"

"I'm technically two months pregnant. It's December now. In 7 months at the height of my pregnancy it's gonna be July! I'm gonna die."

"Good thing we have a pool."

"As soon as I start showing I'm gonna be living in your clothes. Your sweats, basketball shorts and t shirts will belong to me. And when I grow out of those I'll wear Derek's clothes!"

"Babe I don't think I own a t shirt you haven't worn at least once. And I'm sure Derek won't argue with a pregnant lady."

I laugh.

"So when are we gonna tell your parents?"

"How about after lunch? I'll call Derek and tell him to meet us there in an hour."

"Ok that works. Are you mad I said something to him about it first?"

"Of course not. I understand your only interactions with other people on a daily basis are usually only myself and Derek."

"Derek's like a big brother to me. Other then you he's my best friend."

"And that's fine with me. Do you ever think about making friends?"

"I don't go to bars and I'm not big on talking our trusting people."

"I know you're not. It's just that with me out of the house doing things with Derek you have no one to talk to all day. Except Turnip."

"Well I do go over to talk to your mom you know."

"No I know."

"I just felt bad that at our reception no one was there just for you. It was my family. What if you want a baby shower?"

"Honestly we really don't need one."

"True but you know my mom will want to throw one for you."

"If I do get a friend Derek will probably try to hump her."

"Probably."

We both laugh.

"I just wish my friends from Oregon weren't cunts."

"What about that Matthew guy?"

"Last I heard him and his boyfriend moved to Boston. That was before I ran away to Anaheim.

Hey I have a weird question."

"What's that my love?"

"Are there any girls in your gang thingy? I've only seen guys."

"If a situation calls for a girl in our gang thingy yes we do.

Like the situation my uncle had back in Rome. He doesn't use women. He's old school thinks they're a distraction and yeah they can be in some situations.

You worry more about the safety of a woman then you do a man. But women Derek or Theo have had in the past can definitely take care of themselves."

"Did your mom ever?"

"Once Theo took over he changed shit around. Thomas was a sexiest bastard. The whole women should be in the kitchen having babies.

Theo was more progressive. He knows women are much more then that. So yes my mom has a been out a few times. I think that's another reason why my dad and mom love you so much."

"Why's that?"

"They know you're strong. Just like how I know you're strong."

"I love you."