66

Caleb's POV.

I got woken up by a large thunder clap. I noticed Jade wasn't in bed with me.

I looked at the clock and it was four a.m. I got out of bed throwing on a pair of sweats.

I looked in the bathroom she wasn't in there. I make my way downstairs to see if she's in the kitchen but nope.

I happened to look outside and I saw her sitting in a chair. I open the glass door.

"Hey baby."

"Oh hey babe."

I sit down on the patio couch. "

Come here baby."

She gets up and sits next to me. I grab her by the waist pulling her on to my lap.

"What's wrong baby?" "

Nothing."

"Yeah I don't believe that. What's on your mind? Are you planning on leaving me at the alter?"

"Hell no nothing like. With what happened earlier with Joshua is that always gonna be a problem?"

"What do you mean?"

"Am I always gonna be a target?"

I sigh deeply.

"You want the truth right?"

"Of course."

"Yes you will be.

Just being my girlfriend was bad enough but when it gets out that you're my wife it'll get worse.

I've killed Kyle and Joshua to protect you and I'll do it again and again. As many times as necessary and I won't think twice about it."

"That's what I thought."

"What do you mean?"

"People will try to hurt you by getting to me. Because of me two people are dead."

"Are you saying they didn't deserve it?"

"No they did."

"Do you think I'm a bad person?"

"Of course not."

"A lot people see me as one."

"Well they don't know you they way I do."

"And you're the only one that gets to see my other side. No one else deserves that.

Other people will think you are my weakness but you're not. Jade you're my strength.

With you by my side I can do anything. We can do anything."

"I love you Caleb."

"I love you too Jade. Do you wanna go back inside?"

"Do you?"

"Not really it's nice out here. But I'll be right back."

Jade slides herself off me. I go inside and grab a blanket. I come back out sitting next to her.

Pulling her back in top of me. She lays her head down on my chest. I wrapped the blanket around us.

I put my hand under her chin pulling her lips to mine.