28

I made Derek lay down for the rest of the day.

Whenever he got up he'd grab his side.

I'm in the kitchen finishing dinner. Making something simple for tonight so burgers.

Always a man pleaser and a Jade pleaser.

I'm cutting up the onions which I hate doing! I can't stand onions but of course the boys love them.

I texted Caleb and asked him to pick up a couple bags of chips and soda on the way home.

I'm setting the rest of the food on the coffee table when Caleb walks in.

"Hello my baby. Hello my brother."

We both greet Caleb.

"You didn't mention it but I also brought home a bag of ice."

"Oh thank you! I totally forgot."

"Um baby do you think you can put the ice in the freezer."

"Sure."

Caleb's POV.

"Derek I saw that Jake dude in the parking lot at the store. I took a picture of his car and license plate."

"Text it to me and I'll send it to one of my guys. Hopefully we can get a location on this turd blossom."

"How long will it take?"

"We should know within a couple hours."

"Ok. Looks like we're going out tonight. But I don't wanna leave Jade alone."

"I'll text Mom and Dad and have them come over."

"Ok that'll work. I doubt Jade will get pissed about where were going."

"Naw trust me you gotta a good one with her man."

"Yeah I did. I got very lucky."

I walk back into the living room. Carrying the chips in my mouth and three glasses.

We all sat on the couch watching TV and eating dinner.

After dinner Caleb decided to clean everything up for me.

"You made me dinner. The least I can do is clean everything up my love."

He leans down and kisses my forehead.

"Oh um babe Derek and I are going out to a bar later tonight. But Mom and Dad are coming over to keep you company."

"Oh ok. Before you leave though I need to talk to you."

"Is it bad?"

"I don't think so."

"Ok whenever you're ready to talk let me know and will go to the room."