unforgettable | momo

Unforgettable by itsmomorin on tumblr

Every now and then, you still thought about Momo

Every now and then, you still thought about Momo. You thought about how the two of you played outside whenever the both of you could. After school, after dinner, over the weekends. The two of you were basically glued to each other. She would read her books to you out loud when you went over to her house and you would show her all of your fancy gemstones from your rock collection when she came to yours. Of course, all of this was when the both of you were only five years old.

Unfortunately, Momo moved away when junior high started. The both of you made millions of promises to each other before she left, saying how you'll find each other one day and continue to be the bestest of friends. It's your last year in highschool now, so it's been several years since you've seen Momo. Not that you would ever forget her face, especially her charming laugh when you told her your worst jokes. However, you couldn't deny the fact that her image in your mind was slowly deteriorating. Since the both of you were young, the only pictures you had of Momo were blurry because she wouldn't pose properly and she would always run away from the camera. She was always like that, energetic, positive, and cheerful. Over the years, you've made new friends, but none of them ever replaced that spot that Momo held in your heart.

Sometimes, you wonder if you'll ever meet her again, and if she would still be the same Momo you knew from years ago. You wonder if she would still like to hang out with you twenty-four hours, seven days a week. You didn't expect much at this point.

Erasing your thoughts of Momo, you walked out of the school and proceeded to the bike rack where you left your bike earlier this morning. By this time, most of the students had already left, meaning that the chances of your bike being on the ground or in some awkward position were very high. After all, highschool students are always looking forward to the end of the day. You looked up to see a girl with blonde hair standing beside the bike rack. Huh, I don't remember anyone with blonde hair, maybe she just recently transferred here. Then you saw what was in her hand. She held a very large piece of rock with both of her hands and then she lifted the rock high above her head. Wait, what is she- Is she planning to drop that on someone's bike? Hold on... that's my bike! I have to stop her! At this point, you began to sprint towards her.

"Hey! You! What are you doing with that rock? Don't move!" You yelled loudly as you continued to bolt towards the girl.

The girl was obviously surprised as you saw her flinch when you yelled, she then turned around slowly, still keeping the rock above her head. By the time you made your way over to her, you were out of breath and gasping for air.

"Were you talking to me?" The girl asked innocently.

After getting several deep breaths in, you looked up to answer her.

"Are you an idiot? How many people do you see with rocks here, above their heads, what were you..." You began aggressively.

"(Y/N), is that you?"