through the highs and lows | tzuyu

through the highs and lows by minachouzaki on tumblr

"If I were her, I wouldn't have."

Moving on becomes much more difficult when your ex-lover moves on faster than you do, but that isn't all there is to it. When there's more than meets the eye, you're unsure how to feel. But maybe, just maybe, you didn't have to feel it with her.

It wasn't unheard of for couples to break up after a heated argument, or perhaps, after affairs had started and became uncovered with time. You never expected that to be the case with you and Hyunjin. You were under the impression that the bond you shared with her was unbreakable by outer forces, but as it turned out, you were wrong.

Surely, you did have your suspicions close to the end of your relationship with her. She had begun increasingly distant to you and closer to a 'friend' of hers. Being the naive little ignoramus you were, you let her and Heejin's 'fan service' slide much too many times.

Though, your suspicions were confirmed when you came to Hyunjin's dorm a little earlier only to be greeted by the sight of Hyunjin locking lips with Heejin. That was the moment you decided that your intuition was always worth something, even if fervently denied. Do not ignore red flags.

However, ignoring red flags seemed to be harder than you thought when you met Tzuyu after the break-up. She was charming and had a beautiful personality to boot, most of all she was a good friend. Once Hyunjin was out of the picture, the time you once spent with her was now spent with Tzuyu.

Tonight, you had agreed to come over and watch movies with Tzuyu and Sana. In this moment, you were in front of their dormitory, waiting to be let in by one of the two. As if they could read your mind, the door swung open before you and it wasn't long before you were dragged back into this mess.

"How are you feeling?" Tzuyu inquires softly, placing a hand comfortingly on your shoulder as Sana gives you a sweet smile. In an instant, you feel it become increasingly difficult to uphold your smile. Sana's smile quickly contorts into a frown and she kisses you on the cheek comfortingly.

"I'm fine, let's watch a movie." Your reassurance seems to fall on deaf ears as the two seem unconvinced but oblige anyway. Sana leads you to the couch and wraps you up in a blanket as Tzuyu's working on getting the TV to work. Sana wraps her arms around you and you lean into her grasp, you could really use the comfort right now.

Eventually, Tzuyu plops down next to you and starts up the movie. Only after the first five minutes do you notice the plot of the movie, and spoiler alert, you didn't enjoy where this was going. The plot followed the story of a girl discovering her partner's unfaithful deeds.

Suddenly, Sana reaches up to wipe away the tears from your cheeks. She shoots you a somber smile before laying her head atop yours. Tzuyu seems to notice, before she leaves the room entirely. She returns to the room with a tray holding three cups of tea.

You look over to Sana and she's holding a cup of green tea, which prompts her to turn to you. "Green tea is green." You shoot her a half-hearted smile and return to your own cup, taking small sips periodically.

About halfway through the movie, Sana had fallen asleep. Which then left you and Tzuyu. "Want to go for a walk?" Maybe it was because of how emotionally disheveled you looked after said movie, but you couldn't care less at the moment.

Once Tzuyu carries Sana to her bed, you step out of the dormitor with Tzuyu. The chilly nighttime air bites your skin as you begin to shiver, which then prompts Tzuyu to wrap an arm around your shoulders. "Tzuyu." She hums in response, her eyes locked on the pavement as your legs moved in unison.

"Why do you think she did it?" Tzuyu seems perplexed for a moment, before she realizes what you mean. She lets out a sigh and squeezes your shoulder before responding. "I don't know, but I'm sure she's going to regret it." Tzuyu's response is worthy of questioning, how would she know that?

"Why would she?" Tzuyu seems blindsided by your question as she shifts her gaze towards the sky, before stopping abruptly. "Because." She doesn't continue, which prompts you to become much more intrigued. "Because?" She takes a deep breath as she removes her gaze from the sky and onto you.

"If I were her, I wouldn't have." The answer was definitely not what you'd expect, you weren't sure what to make of her statement. But in that moment, you decide that it doesn't matter. All you knew was that you wanted to follow this 'till the end.