its about my 'friend' | sana

It's About My 'Friend' by wishyourgirlfriend on tumblr

Most idols tended to hate the process of getting ready

Most idols tended to hate the process of getting ready. It was lots of having to sit still while someone covered you in makeup and straightened, curled and re-straightened your hair.  It was being careful not to even look like you were going to spill something on your clothes so that you didn't potentially upset the stylist who had spent forever making you look performance perfect.

Sana, however, loved it. Not because she necessarily liked being poked and prodded and dressed. But because she got to see you. When they weren't recording songs or filming for shows or back at the dorm, Twice was spending a good bit of time with you, their stylist. And it was something that Sana had started looking forward to. She loved joking around with you while you did her hair and adored watching the looks on concentration you got whenever you were making sure their makeup was just right.

It was cute how much you liked you job. And, from having to spend so much time with you, Sana realized after a while that you were actually a really nice person. You hummed while you worked and sometimes told jokes and stories that always made her and the rest of the girls laugh. It was nice to get to be able to talk with someone who wasn't a part of JYP who also just treated Sana like what she was: a regular girl.

She didn't think that there was anything off about her feelings for you. She honestly wouldn't have called it anything romantic. It was just a growing need to see you and wanting to get to know you. However, it was on the way to a photoshoot after Dahyun made a joke about going to see Sana's girlfriend that she started to wonder.

The two of you did talk a lot, Sana occupying plenty of your time even when you were working on the other girls and texting you on the side. Did other idols text their stylists every day? And she did stare at you quite a bit...Chaeyoung had pointed out that Sana couldn't look at you without smiling.

When they made it to the studio, she was still consumed in her thoughts and, at the sight of you, hiccupped and ducked back into the group of girls, slightly behind Tzuyu. The group spread out to form a line, doing the usual greeting ("Hi, We're Twice. Please take care of us."), before heading towards you and the racks of clothes that were waiting to be modelled.

You said hi to all of them, slightly confused by Sana's uncharacteristic quietness, but not paying it too much attention. Starting from Tzuyu, you got each of the girls ready for their unit pictures. When you made it to Sana, you gave her a sweet smile and started picking out her clothes.

Out of habit, you started rambling about the concept and the outfit and how you had come up with something that would make her look beautiful, as if that was hard to do with how gorgeous she was. Sana smiled shyly back at you and went to get dressed. As you were curling her hair later, you noticed that she was zoning out. Smiling, you leaned down and pressed your cheek against hers, looking at your reflections in the mirror.

"Sana~" you sung softly, trying to get her attention. She snapped out of it immediately, jumping a bit and her face flushing when she noticed just how close the two of you were. "You feeling okay?"

"Uh, yeah...Sorry..."

"No, it's okay!" You said, standing back up and grabbing your comb. "You wanna tell me what's on your mind?"

Sana hesitated for a second, a little embarrassed to be sitting her doing something cliché, before saying "It's about my friend..." She told you all about her "friend" who had never dated before but was really interested in a friend of hers.

"Your friend should just confess," you said. "There's no use in holding feelings like that in and, who knows what could happen?"

The photographer called for Sana to do her shoot and she looked back at you before heading off. The rest of the shoot was fairly busy and you didn't really get a chance to talk to Sana about her "friend" until it was almost time for them to go.

It was only Jihyo and Mina left and the other girls had already changed back into their own clothes and were heading out towards the van, Sana lingering behind while you started packing up your makeup. She kept starting and stopping herself from telling you how she felt, from asking you more questions, from saying anything. But as the photographer was finishing up the last few shots and the manager was calling for Sana to get ready to leave, she panicked.

You had turned towards her to reorganize the clothes racks when she asked "Do you want to go out with me?" You stopped, wide eyed, holding the shirts in your arms tightly to your chest. While you had put together that Sana was the "friend" in her story, it hadn't occurred to you that you could be the person she was interested in.

Once the initial shock wore off and as Sana was being ushered out of the room, you yelled back a "yes!", a smile spreading across your face. Your smile only grew when you saw he reaction, a mix between surprise and the biggest grin you had probably ever seen.

Even though she had to go the whole ride home dealing with the other girls' teasing, Sana couldn't help but be excited at the thought of going on a date with you.