nerves | chaeyoung

nerves by girls-love-girls1200 on tumblr

Your palms felt sweaty, heart slamming against your ribcage.
You had to sit down before your knees gave out underneath you.
The other members worried voices sounded as though they were coming from another room as you felt the walls closing in on you.

This is a mistake. It's going to ruin everything.

Panic was spreading through your veins, your chest tightening.
Your group leader decided to take care of the situation, grabbing your phone from the floor and calling the one person she knew could help.
"Y/N?" Her worried voice answered just after two rings.
"No, but we need you to come over" your best friend's worried eyes landed on your figure, hunched over, your hands wrapped around your head, elbows shaking on your knees.
"She can't do this without you".
It was in that same position that your girlfriend found you in half an hour later.
The other members had left the room to give the two of you some much needed privacy.
Chaeyoung kneeled in front of you, her fingers wrapping around your wrist, "Baby..."
Your body seemed to melt under her touch,
"I'm here, we can do this together."
Your eyes slowly met her loving ones, her smooth voice making your nerves disappear.

"I'm scared."

Your fragile voice made Chaeyoung feel bad for ever asking you to go through with coming out publicly.
It had took more than a year to convince JYP to give you the permission to take this huge step.
Now that the moment you had waited for was finally here, you couldn't believe this was how you were acting.
"I'm so sorry."
Your voice cracked and now Chaeyoung hated herself for asking you to go through this alone.
"We don't have to do this if you don't want to Y/N."
Your mouths were inches apart as she spoke, you couldn't resist her as you pressed your trembling lips against her own.
No.
There was no way in hell you were going to miss this opportunity.
You stood up and cluched Chaeyoung's hand, making your way to the side of the stage where your group members stood nervously, huge proud smiles appearing on the faces of your four best friends as they saw you.

The host's voice reached your ears as he started introducing your group and the special surprise appearance from your girlfriend.
Chaeyoung's hand reached your cheek as she pulled you in for a quick peck,

"I love you."
Excitement filled your veins at the prospect of finally not having to hide your relationship, your fingers intertwined with Chae's as you confidently walked out in front of the cameras.
I love you too.