overbaking | jihyo

overbaking by girls-love-girls1200 on tumblr

"Yeah we've just finished rehearsals, I'm going to ask the driver if he can drop me off at your place if that's okay with you?" Jihyo's voice echoed through your new open plan kitchen, fingers drumming rhythmically against the white marbled counte...

"Yeah we've just finished rehearsals, I'm going to ask the driver if he can drop me off at your place if that's okay with you?" Jihyo's voice echoed through your new open plan kitchen, fingers drumming rhythmically against the white marbled counter as your eyes skimmed through your latest court case.

A cold case that had recently been reopened due to newly disturbing evidence that had been dug up, literally.

The case had already attracted the attention of the media like a magnet, especially when you were the defending lawyer that was going to get paid an immense sum of money for working on this all too famous and all too graphic case.

Plus, it was a well known fact that you rarely lost a case. Your brains, passion, determination and often lack of morality always fueled you to succeed.

A sigh escaped your lips, index finger pushing your newest pair of designer round framed glasses up the bridge of your nose.

"I can hear the girls in the background you know." A light hearted giggle escaping your stress ridden figure.

"Tell them they can come over too, I know they've been dying to see the new house, plus I cooked way to many brownies for one person last night."

The choir of excited squeals that came from the other line made a smile appear on your tired face, your girlfriend assuring you that they would all be over soon.

Half an hour hadn't even passed when you noticed the familiar minibus coming through your front gate, and in no time whatsoever nine awestruck girls enterd the brand new house you had recently bought thanks to a significant raise in your salary.

Chaeyoung was the first to notice you sitting at the kitchen counter and flung herself at you, a wild expression on her cute face.

"Y/N we've missed you so much!"

Her arms wrapped around your neck as the others made their way towards you,

"Yeah we only get to see your face on the news nowadays, and I can see all the hard work is paying off."

Sana's arms started flapping around as if to prove some sort of point, but you were focused on only one person.

Jihyo's eyes were attentively scanning your figure like a hawk, she noticed the bags under your eyes, your messy hair tied lazily in a bun on top of your head, it was afternoon and you were still in your pijamas, papers spread across the counter accompanied by your laptop and an empty coffepot.

"The brownies are in the cake tin girls, make yourselves at home."

In a matter of second eight animals ravished your kitchen and spread around the house, their loud voices drifting away. Jihyo slowly made her way to the marble counter, her eyes skimming through the report on your laptop and then staring directly at you with a worried expression.

"You're overworking yourself."

Her matter of factly tone made you scoff in indignation, arms crossing defensively over your chest,

"I am not."

Her eyes turned into slits at your words, she immediately marched towards with her index finger moving in the air threateningly, her angelic voice raising at every word.

"You must definitely are Y/N,

and I know this is a really tough case but I'll be damned if I just sit by and watch you bake yourself into an emotional breakdown."

You found yourself with your back against the wall, the smaller girl standing in front of you, eyebrows scrunched in annoyance.

"It's not my fault I bake when I'm stressed."

Your voice also raising trying to outdo Jihyo. The tension around you seemed to dissipate as a muffled shout came from your living room,

"And you're damn good at it too!"

You couldn't be more grateful for Dahyun's smart mouth as your girlfriend immediately cracked a smile. Her head resting against your collarbone as she pressed a delicate kiss there,

"I've been thinking about you all day Y/N, I can't help but worry." A dopey smile appeared on your face at her soft confession.

"Oh come on, we both know that's not why"