Epilogue

"I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love. We are good people and we've suffered enough."

***

2 months later...

I told myself that it was just my nerves. That my stomach was acting this way because it was my wedding day. Or that I was marrying the love of my life today. But I knew deep down that it was not my nerves. It was something else entirely. And I didn't know which one it was.

It was not just my stomach, though. My head has been pounding for days now and I've tried everything for it to go away. I should be excited about today, but I cannot if I am in pain. Everything was over, and I was ready to marry the love of my life and become the Queen of Ambrosia.

"You look absolutely stunning, sweetheart," Ellie said from behind me. She was helping me with my hair and I sat there, looking myself in the mirror. I looked like I was ready to vomit all over my wedding dress. And she started to notice. "Is everything all right?"

"Yes, of course, it is," I said, managing a smile. I wore a silk robe that was the color of lavender while she was putting pins in my hair that were loose. She put small daisies in my hair, making it more beautiful than ever. "I'm just a little nervous."

"It's your wedding day, of course, you will feel that way," she smiled. I slipped a small grin towards her, letting her know that I was going to be okay today. But I could feel that it was not. "Okay, all done. Now it's time to get into the dress."

Grace and Margot walked in at that moment, Grace carrying my wedding dress and my aunt with my heels. "Ah, just in time ladies," Ellie said as she clasped her hands together.

"The boys are already outside," said Grace.

"Good to know they actually follow directions today," Ellie laughed.

"I wonder who was capable of making them do that," I glanced at Ellie, who grinned at me before bowing.

"No one else was going to do it,"

I laughed, standing up from my seat. I took off my robe while struggling to put on the gown. Margot helped me with it, smoothing it and zipping me up. It was gorgeous, with its lacy sleeves and white flowers embedded in the dress. It ended all the way to the floor, leaving a trail behind me.

Once I had my heels on, I looked in the body mirror. This was it. I am going to be a wife and Queen of Ambrosia. It all felt surreal.

Margot was going to give me away today, not my parents. And I was okay with that. She is my family. She wore a lilac dress with small straps and her hair was woven into a crown.

My maid of honor, Ellie, wore a gold strapless gown with blush and white flowers on top of her head. Grace wore the same thing. Then, Ellie looked at me with a confused look on her face.

I narrowed my eyes. "What is it?"

"Do you hear that?" she asked me. I nodded my head, not able to hear what they can anymore. She looked at me and I saw that her skin went pale.

"What do you hear, Ellie?" I asked again.

"Nothing, I heard Sebastian shouting at me from outside," she said, waving it off.

Ellie handed me my bouquet, the same colors as her crown. It was time. And I still felt nauseous. What does this mean? I walked down the stairs with my girls, still nervous than ever but wanting to see Sebastian. White petals lay on the floor while I walked slowly out of the castle.