Ch. 18- The Final Reunion

"So this was how you died; in whispers you did not hear."

***

Elora

Today is my birthday. It marks the two decades that I have been alive and I wish my parents could be here with me. They should be here. Some part of me just wants me to lay in my bed all day and stare at the ceiling. How am I supposed to celebrate the day I was born when I don't even feel alive? I have no clue what the rest are planning for today but I know it's something. All of them think they can keep a secret, even Sebastian, but I know him better than he knows himself.

I sat up on the bed and went into the bathroom. The tiles were cold beneath my feet as I turned on the shower. After I was done, I opened the door to see Sebastian standing in the middle of the room with his hands in his pockets. He was smiling widely as I only had a towel on-- which made me smile back at him. It was contagious, to say the least. He wore his dress pants, a white button-up shirt with a black tie and his hazelnut hair was tousled.

"Happy birthday, Elora Miller." he said as he walked up to me and kissed me gently on the lips. His hands were in my wet hair and it took every ounce of me to break apart from him.

I stared into his dark eyes with defiance. "If I find out that you are planning a surprise party for me, you are going to regret it, my love."

He pouted. Like a puppy. "You should know better than to make threats on your birthday, it ruins the celebration," Sebastian held his usual smirk again. "Besides, I think tomorrow when you wake up, you're going to wish you hadn't said that."

I tilted my head to the side but said nothing. How can I argue with that? He does have a way with words and I'll just have to wait and see if he really is planning a surprise party for me. "You should go and help out with that party you're planning," I raised my eyebrow. "Don't want anyone to think you're not contributing."

"Oh, darling, that's not my job today."

"Then what's your job?"

"My job is to make sure that my girl has the best birthday ever." I saw as he trailed from my eyes to my small body, making heat rise on my cheeks. He unwrapped the towel I was wearing, making it fall to the ground on my feet. It left me fully naked and my heart beat loudly in my chest. This man standing in front of me made me forget what oblivion looked like, day by day. Sebastian leaned in and whispered in my ear, "And this is just the start, my angel."

And then he took me to bed.

Ellie

I have been planning Elora's birthday party for days now, and I think this is going to be the party of the century. It's going to be one to remember, I feel it. I was standing in the parlor with my clipboard in my hand when I heard Oliver approach. I didn't think he would come, after all that happened. But alas, he was standing right in front of me and the feelings I still feel for him were still there.

"Good morning, Ellie," he said with a smile. He looked the same as the last time I laid eyes on him.

"Guests are not supposed to be at the castle until tonight. It's a surprise party, Ollie." I said harshly. I couldn't help it. It was the only way to be around him without kissing him endlessly.

"Oh, I know," he paused. "I just wanted to see you."

I looked at him dead in the eye. "Well, I'm busy." Walking away, I realized that maybe I was being too harsh to him. But I have better things to do like planning this celebration. And a part of me wants to turn back and pull him into my arms.