|Chapter 16|

|Dalton|

College was done for the summer for us. We weren't taking any summer courses, no it was going to be like summer break but going to Greenburg. Going back home to visit our family and maybe take a vacation if things calmed down until fall semester.

Which started around September so we had all that time to ourselves as our classes ended early from all the hard work we did. 'Which was paid off as now we get to spend time with our family and all of that good stuff and cool down from everything.'

All I could hope was Isabella had cooled down from that video mentioning the Vardock's. I'm no surprised if she was researching them to learn about them. That did sound like Isabella in case those bastards decided to be stupid and come over to see if Isabella was an immortal.

'If they do decide to do that, they might as well have declared war on our pack after that, especially if they decide they want to attack Isabella.' 'She's our mate and girlfriend meaning she'll be the luna one day even if she says otherwise she's still considered the luna.'

And attacking someone's luna was a grave offense. Same thing for attack a female alpha's alpha it was a grave offense. Attacking someone's mate in general was just bad especially high ranking ones. It's a big no, no in the supernatural world to attack a mated pair. Especially the alpha and luna.

Or alpha female and her alpha. 'Because mom was originally going to be an alpha female but gave it up to become dad's luna because she loved him.' Yeah my mom and dad had a story behind their relationship. They didn't mind telling us about it either if we asked about it.

Isabella and I had a story behind our relationship as well when you actually sat there and begin to think about it. So many people believe that you find your mate, fall in love and live happily ever after. Maybe throw some rogues between if it's an alpha finding his weak abused luna typically.

But that's a lie. 'Happily ever after just doesn't happen. It may seem like it but there will always be something out there. You can make one but it doesn't just happen. You have to fight for that happily ever after that all the girls dream for.'

And love doesn't just appear. Love can take time to build. From a month to years depending on the mates. You'll feel the mate bond for sure especially if you are marked but that is not love. For all you know it's just lust forming between the two of you.

Love takes time and Isabella took time for sure. I couldn't say she loved me as of right now, she cared for me and deep down she could be developing that love for me. She has feelings for me but I know she wasn't going to start saying 'I love you' any time soon.

'Because Isabella takes time, that armor will always be there around her. But we've simply made her realize that it's not bad to feel something for someone.' It was obvious that Isabella had feelings for me. Love might not of bloomed yet but it was always going to be there.

It may start out as roots, maybe a stem and then a bud but I knew it took time. And time was what I was willing to give for Isabella. I loved Isabella. That I knew. Three years I had gotten to know her and that was perfect enough for me.

Three years and I had gotten to know Isabella and really begin to love her for who she is. I shook my head after that before focusing back on my suitcase. We were leaving today. 'Back to Greenburg. Back home which will be delightful for sure and I know that.'

There was quite the car arrangement going on as well. All the cars were coming back with us for one. And we paid our dorm fee to keep it of course. But all the cars were coming back so lots of us would be driving for sure.