|Chapter 24|

|Dalton|

Sitting in my bedroom was a little boring. Nothing was happening at all. Just some show on the T.V. about some kitten needing to be found and drug dealers with assassins. It was pretty stupid yet funny in a way when I thought about it.

But sitting on this bed wasn't the way I planned for my day to go. 'Isabella texted us she was doing some border patrol. Oh I remember border patrol. Dad used to take all of us out on it to show us how to manage border control.'

All supernatural had border patrol as they always had their border being patrolled. Making sure no rogues got in or Forsaken. The fae do that as well but also for the other courts since they have all. . . war tendencies going on between them, so they border control scouted spies.

'Making sure no spies and enemies were getting onto their territories. That's why the fae do border control.' I nodded. Border control was simple if it was just patrolling the border, but werewolves and the border patrol supernatural how to go through training to do border control.

Most typically in a wolf pack, a tracker and a scout does border control with some warriors lingering behind in case of an emergency. There is no guarantee they will be needed but better safe than sorry. Those three wolves are picked specifically because of their ranking and sometimes a high ranking leader goes along with.

'They're picked because of what they are. Trackers track down any rogue or Forsaken smell. Scouts will see where anything that doesn't belong there. And in case a rogue or Forsaken attack the warriors will help eliminated the threat that is there.' A reason the group was picked so well.

Some supernatural hire The Organization if they think something bad is on their turf. Making me wonder what could be on Kane's turf. Maybe a sudden increase in the Forsaken so he brought along the hunters for back-up to make sure he was prepared for anything that could happen.

'Does happen sometimes. Bad things when on border patrol and having the hunters around make it more easier to deal with all of it.' I nodded as I leaned back. Then glanced at the fish in the fish tank as the movie continued rolling on while I rolled over in bed and grabbed my phone.

Still no messages from Isabella if she had gotten done with the border patrol. The only reason I was looking at my phone and messages so much was because I planned to take Isabella out on a date. While we were here in Greenburg not worrying about college.

A nice peaceful date that we can enjoy. 'Enjoy before shit hits the fan of course.' 'You seemed to get so negative at that.' 'I like dates with Isabella as much as you do, but something doesn't feel right. Like something bad is about to happen and shit is going to hit the fan.'

Of course Ash felt like that. Typically Ash's feelings were never wrong but now more than anything I wanted them to be wrong. I wanted all this Vardock, vampire coven bullshit to blow over our heads and no longer have to deal with it anymore.

'Very unlikely for that to happen. Isabella does have quite the life and as do we. So I doubt this is going to blow over unless Isabella forces it to blow over.' And I knew what Ash said was true. Deep inside I knew it was true, very deep, deep inside.

But I didn't want it to be true. My brain wanted to say fuck it to every little bit of me that knew this was going to blow over. Things never blew over for us.  So why in the world was it going to start blowing over today? It wasn't and deep inside I knew that.

'By deep inside you mean I know that which influences you to believe it some.' 'Sort of.' Ash shrugged taking that for an answer as I ran my hand through my jet black locks. Now I was wishing Isabella would give me a call or a text to tell me how she was doing.