02 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅 𝐆𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐓𝐇

𝐏𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 1

I'm glad Leo approved my idea about the bombs I created. He said himself he's eager to try them out when the time is right. His main concern is getting us out of here because we're running low on food already. Making it last won't help much.

Kitty and Clementine began to pack their personal belongings into their packs and stored the last bit of food. And Raphael is supporting Kristen as best he can she recently hit the seven-month mark and we are just waiting for her to give out... It hurts us to watch her go through this.

As much as we would like to stay here, we can't. We gotta go find our next destination so we can get some kind of real chance out here.

But when we exited the building we stayed in, it felt weird. We've been cooped up in our little basement and made no progress in traveling. I sure hope that there is a road out here that will lead us to somewhere better than this sh*thole.

****

𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

I hadn't realized how far we'd come. We made quite the walk on our horses and reached a city that could have been full of freaks. It isn't, which is an entirely great thing. A whole community that fills up almost half the city.

Now this girl we just met at the gate is mostly dressed in dark clothing and led us through the gates as the voices inside grew louder. When the gates closed, I felt much safer in here than being out there with the danger lurking in bushes.

While walking Cash, my eyes caught everything and everyone in Philly. Families of not just human beings-- mutants as well! They're all far from the main gates. Families tucked inside triages and blankets, talking and visiting with each other. This is incredible! Mutants and humans are brought together in one spot.

Mikey was amazed, too. It's the first time I have seen him smile since he brought me into his group at the mall.

But now, Vincent, the one-handed girl who walked Rain the white horse grinned at the small mutant children pointing and giggling at how strange humans still look to them. "Wow..." She says. "There's so many."

April heard her and replied. "Yeah, we have about 7 to 800 people living here in this community." She walked backward on the asphalt road.

"How did you form this in a matter of months?" Duke asked.

April didn't answer that question because it will be given a clear answer shortly. April guided us through the community until she reached the right turn on the sidewalk where a more private triage is located. Two guards stood on each side and nodded once to the attractive female walking in. She told all of us except for Mikey to wait outside.

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

I thought nothing of it-- I trust O'Neil. There isn't any terrible baggage I see planted on her face or behavior. So, I did let her take me into the tent that had three candles on an old table, a cot, a cardboard box, and one supply chest. "What's this?"

"This is my tent. It's where I sleep, think, eat..." She showed it off with a sigh and sat on her low comforted bed. I didn't know what else to say other than just look at her... "I brought you in here 'cause I really want to catch up."

"Oh, sure. Absolutely." I look at the only supply chest and use it as a chair so I can talk to April. It's great to have a few words with her. She's always been a great listener who is filled with joy and warm comfort. But considering it has been a long time since we've seen her, she could have changed.