11 || 𝐈𝐅 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

It sure is something to be hearing music and people laughing together in this place. Couples and kids danced to the songs being played on a stereo, food is being served on paper plates, and some people and mutants even stayed off the dance floor to watch.

Roan, the lizard Shado met not very long ago jogs up to the three of us. Vv and Shado smirked at him when he came up to us. "Hey! Glad you three made it!" He shouts over the crowd.

"Is this all the people?" I asked, seeing about seventy to eighty people under and outside the tent.

"Yeah, some people still had to work, go hunt, you know, still do things they used to do before... That out there." Roan gestured to the outside of the walls. I looked out the tent and the two gates we came through a few days ago. They're being guarded by the same tiger mutant and a few humans with guns and bows and arrows.

I noticed the details about this place and its people. I started to wonder how many times a week someone goes out to catch some dinner. "Hey, Roan. How many times a week does someone go hunting for this community?"

"Uh-er--" He mumbled. "About three to four times a week a group goes out to catch at least three deer. Why?"

"I would like to go hunting in the morning with my horse."

"Are you sure about that?" He chuckled at her. "It's very dangerous out there."

I scoffed and laughed at his words. "I've basically lived on my own for the longest time until I found a group. I can get through any situation that includes infected or hunters."

"Eh-- I dunno, Regan. You just got here and I would feel better if you guys stayed here and settled in before going back outside." Roan replied, scratching the back of his head, nervous about the actions I may commit tomorrow morning.

"We can talk about this later," I say to Roan.

****

𝐕𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲

My left fingertips twitched the more I thought how much fun I could have here. So many people and mutants to meet, finally getting into a groove after many months, and-- oh my handsome boyfriend is walking into the tent. Duke shows off his freshly cut black hair, new clothing, and his hands tucked into his pockets.

When Shado, Regan, and Roan left, I make way to Duke at the edge of the tent. I have never seen him so cleaned up and here I am still... Greasy and not washed by soap and conditioner. That's when I clammed up and hoped he wouldn't see me-- too late.

"Vincent!" Duke called as my back is turned to him. My left hand held my wrapped stump, my hair dangled over my shoulders to hide my face, and I soon got Duke's hand on my shoulder. "Hey, gorgeous." He says planting a kiss on my cheek. "You look beautiful as always."

"Do I?" I asked him, embarrassed by my crappy clothes and body odor. "I smell, I'm not dressed and--"

"Does it look like I care?" My boyfriend smiled. Bless Duke's heart...

****

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐛𝐢𝐧

There's really nothing to do here except talk to a creepy Kodiak and a bossy Amber inside the cabin. I'm starting to think I should sleep outside in a tree or the ground because they give off weird vibes. Kodiak's behavior makes me feel unsafe but I have to constantly remind myself that I can protect my own life. And Amber is okay with me being around by her talking and asking me not-so-personal questions.