20 || 𝐈𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐌𝐀𝐋

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2

The day had gone by quickly and it was time for everyone in Tribes One and Two to gather at the four tents and celebrate their little reunion. Most groups were involved except for Raphael who still hasn't moved from the curb across the street. Leo and Mikey worried for him the most because they've never seen their sibling this upset and stay in one state for so long. It is definitely something new for them to see.

To spice up the party, Nate, Roan, and April came to gather around a lit-up oil drum for the mutants and humans to enjoy. The substitute campfire kept each one of them warm as they shared stories and catch up or get to know one another.

Patience, the twin of Casey Jones and a mutant lizard was introduced to the other mutant lizard here in this community, Roan. They've never been so engaged in a conversation. Both obviously have a ton in common and laugh at almost everything. Roan's skin color is a dark green while Patience's scales are whitish-grey. Roan is also taller than her, too.

Kitty believes they'd make a great couple if they give it a chance later on.

Mikey and Shado sat real close in two white plastic chairs together, smiling at Harlow in her burrito blanket. Michelangelo thought being an uncle was one of the best things in his life-- he loved Harlow already. The mutant turtle who was dangerously close to bigger menta issues perked up more when his family came back. He's slowly becoming the old Mikey again.

Faith, Clem, Kitty, and Criss got to know Shado who sat beside Mikey. They're glad another girl came to the party because they don't know if boys will eventually outnumber them.

Casey and April drank full cups of water as they had a conversation of their own. They were close to one another in New York and they hoped to catch up on a few things since the last time they met.

Nate and Regan spoke too-- laughing and staring at the fire in the oil drum. And then there was Vincent and Maddy. They shared what they did today with Duke when it came to teaching the children.

Leonardo sighed in relief. He felt like a giant building came off his shoulders, knowing he's doesn't have to worry so much about his family. They're guarded by heavy security and steel gates and walls. He had a small flashback from today-- Kri's funeral.

****

April set up a private service for Kristen. She arranged the burial to be on the far side of the city where most of the community's people are buried and respected. The leader of EdgePort had her strongest men and mutants carry Kri five blocks away from the heart of the home. Both tribes follow a train in silence so they can finally let Kri rest in peace and also be remembered forever.

"Shame," Patience says looking at of.

"I know... It was never meant to happen."

Patience looks at Raphael, he's the caboose of the group train. "Poor guy. One minute he's strong, the next he's-- bang." She whispered. "Depressed."

"There's gotta be a point where he'll come around," Leo replied.

"Yeah," Faith adds in, walking on the other side of Leo. "Raph is tough. I've seen his behavior and he'll be just fine when he's healed up in a few days."

Leo had to disagree with her from personal experience. "He snapped at me so hard this morning. I don't think he'll be himself in a few days, Faith. At least you girls are optimistic."

"Of course." Faith finished.

April leads her friends to the graveyard that is hidden by an old abandoned children's park covered in overgrown trees. Mikey and Leo were the first ones to see how many graves were made by April and her guards. "How many?" Shado asked.