35 || 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐓

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

Rep kept his eye on Kodiak. Since he pulled off that little stunt on Osa, the man in a mask felt like teaching him a lesson. But he can't because they needed more supplies. Rep doesn't understand why he felt the need to defend Osa when he hardly knows who she is. Or does he know who she is?

If Kodi wanted to get dominant, then so will Rep. "What the hell was that back there?" He asked Kodi as they walked through a field that hasn't been harvested yet.

"What?"

"Ever pull that again on her and you'll get a beating."

Kodi had never heard his Boss speak to him in that tone. "On Osa? I don't know what you're talking about."

Rep got in his face. "If you as so much try to touch her you'll wish you'd never come across me." He continued to walk for the neighborhood.

"What do you have for the chic? You've only known her, what? Not even a full forty-eight hours?" Kodi flicked flies away with his tail while he stayed behind Rep.

"I got nothing for her. Don't disrespect me or anyone in this group. Understand?" Rep waited for an answer.

"Understood."

"Good."

Back with the horses, Osa and Amber, we're glad to come together again because Osa only bonded with Amber more than Kodiak. "I'm sorry about my brother. He's never done that before."

"Don't worry about it. I can hold my own." Osa checked Rep's horses. If she can shift into any animal then she should know how to tell if the animals are healthy. She looked inside their mouths for any rotted teeth and hooves so they'll be comfortable while they walked. "What is up with your brother anyway?"

"First season," Amber said, feeding the horses some grass. "Male shifters are dangerous when it comes to finding a mate."

"A-A mate?" Osa stuttered. She pets Stamina and organized Rep's belongings.

"Yeah. So do you like Kodi?"

Osa gives Amber a solid, "No." She is grossed out at the thought of being with someone like Kodiak. Yes, he and Osa are halfway the same species, but she isn't attracted to him in the slightest. The girls talked of many things for nearly a whole hour and Rep and Kodi should be getting back by now. To pass a little more time, Osa taught Amber how to hold a handgun properly. "Elbows locked but not tense." She steadied Amber's arms shoulders and had her aim at a piece of bark sitting on a rock. "Slightly look above the barrel of the gun and fire when you're ready."

Amber fired, feeling the kick and bang of a handgun and watching the small piece of bark explode into splinters. "I did it!" She laughed and hugged Osa. "That was cool!"

"Good job!" Their excitement drew too much attention. While the two mutants spent some time together, Osa and Amber caught a screech in the distance.

They snapped their heads in the direction of the danger. "What was that?" Amber looked at the other shifter, still holding the gun.

"They're Screechers. I haven't heard those in a long time. Keep the horses safe." Osa went into the trees and used her sensitive hearing and sense of smell to pinpoint the infected lurking around.

"Osa!" Amber whimpered.

"Shh! Just keep the gun with you." Osa crept closer to the bushes and trees, ears trilling and detecting any movement. The tension builds up more and more as she heard Clickers, too. "Oh..." She shook. "Run!" When she took the first step to run, Osa's live leg was grabbed. "No!" The infected man pulled itself more onto her. The second she was being pulled on, Osa remembers what it was like to be in this situation. It was how she got bitten.