27 || 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐈𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐓𝐇

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2

Vv and Patience fired an arrow at any human being coming toward them so they could cover Leo. Shado sent out Sunny to attack enemies seeking coverage, Clementine brought out her dagger to aim it at a man's chest and watch him fall to the ground. It didn't take long until a man yelled to the rest of the men in a frantic tone. "Fall back! They're freaks!" The gunfire stopped and so did the flying arrows and attacking dog and fox.

Clementine retrieved her dagger and saw from a far distance that the men and women holding one gun each on their person run into the back of the hospital. "You better run!" She screamed and went back to her leader. "Leonardo?"

Leo sighed and looks at the girls who came to his side. They saw he did change, he's becoming Mikey with a black mask and a charcoaled face. "Girls, what are you doing here?" He sat up against the van.

"We should be askin' the same thing," Vv said, putting her bow across her back and shoulders.

"Leo, you left EdgePort without telling us." Faith is shifted back to her human form and kneeled to his eye level. "Why? Why alone?"

He lifted his head up. "April gave up the search for Criss yesterday. I'm not one to give up." He grunted.

Shado blinked out of thought. "April? Didn't she promise you'll find Criss?"

Leonardo nodded and stood up to check on Streak. "She did and then acted like Criss didn't matter anymore after the search was over for the day." He turned to look up at this enormous hospital that might be holding Criss captive. "I'm gonna find out if she's in there." He started to walk and Vincent's bionic hand grabbed his bicep.

"No! Leo, you almost died." She tells him. "Come back home and we can come here again as a group."

"Vincent, I am already here." He turned to her. "Thanks for the help girls, but I need to do this alone." Leo took two steps forward.

"So that's it?" Patience said, walking in front of the other girls. Leo stopped. "After all we have been through-- Mr. Fearless Leader gets to go on a rescue by himself and pretends he's brave? Criss is our family, too! Leo, let us help you! You'll die without help!"

"I can't." He said.

"Why not? Because you think we'll die? We're gonna be--"

"Yes!" Leo growled at the lizard whom he got in her face. "I put down my father, Stan, and it sure as hell won't be one of you next! Go home, the five of you." He breathed and went straight for the hospital. "And take the f*cking horse with you."

The girls were shocked to see Leo acting this way, but its the apocalypse... it'll change people. Vincent frowned at Leo, saddened by his own sorrow.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2

Anyone that didn't go out to find Leo stayed home outside the tents surrounding the oil drum in the daylight, waiting for the girls and Leo to return safely.

Casey paced back and forth, Nate and Regan chewed on fingernails, Roan watched the time on his watch, Duke's hands sweated, and Raph and Kitty anxiously waited for anything to come up. "What are we doing here, man? I need my sister back here." Casey asked Raph.

"Your sister is one of the most badass mutants I have seen, Case. She and the others have to be okay." Raph replied to him.

Kitty nodded. "Yeah, those girls are tough as nails. Vv and Patience are great shots, Clem is excellent with dagger throws, Faith shifts, and Shado has her dog. If they found Leo then they should be back soon."