19 || 𝐒𝐂𝐇𝐎𝐎𝐋

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

We were able to get the fox trap off Nate's ankle and bring him and the deer back to the horses. Surprisingly, the horses were safe from harm and munched on long grass sprouting from the roots of trees. The deer hung off my mule with Roan keeping it in place and I held Nate on my black horse, Streak. We made the far journey home back to EdgePort under the moon and stars that twinkled.

We saw some shooting stars, even working satellites... We caught the Big Dipper, Little Dipper, Orion's Belt, and many other constellations that caught our eyes.

Our kill is tied tightly near the mule's rear, its head swaying to the hoof beats and didn't spoil at all when we got to EdgePort. Nate breathed in and out through his mouth to ignore the pain the trap had given him. It tore right through the skin and muscle. "Hurts like bloody hell."

"Well, I'm sure it won't feel like a massage, Nathan," I said. We made this travel back home quickly by having the horses trot every five minutes or ten minutes. Getting back home was a great treat after a long day hunting. What I wasn't expecting really threw me off my guard. When April and her guards opened the gates, she told me my family came to join my tribe.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2
𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟷𝟷𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽

Throughout the entire night, Kitty and Leo and a few others of Tribe One and Two helped in taking care of Harlow in a tent that has been set up by Mikey's group. Harlow fussed and squirmed in her blanket when she realized she could cry and scream. The poor thing doesn't know who its mother is or hasn't met her father because he refuses to touch her. Leo cradled his niece in the blankets while Criss fed her infant baby formula through a glass bottle as Kitty stood by and watched. "She's a handful already. And she's almost about two days old." Said Leo.

Kitty yawned and looks out the tent of the community. People are just waking up to get breakfast from Ration Alley or the meat tent. Her head goes back into the tent. "Well, I say this place is exactly what we needed. I don't wanna leave."

"We're aren't gonna leave this place. I got no plans to find a happy place in the mountains." He said. Criss held the glass bottle to Harlow's lips, she took the nipple and suckled the warm liquid inside.

"There you go, Harlow." She grinned softly. "When do you think Raphael will hold her?" Criss asked Leo.

Leo peeks outside to see his brother is still in the same spot in his emotions as last night. "A while," Leo said sadly. He could see that his brother will take a while sorting out his feelings. "Knowing my brother, he won't be himself unless he holds Harlow.

"Should we give it a try?" Kitty came up behind them. Criss set the bottle down by a cot.

"We can..." Leo stepped out of the tent with the girls following behind him. The more they got closer to Raph on the curb by the three tents, Leo could hear him talking to himself on his knees. "Raph?"

The mumbling continued from his brother.

Kitty tries to talk. "Raph? We uh..." She hesitates and looks at Leo, who gave her a head gesture to keep going. She breathed out and faced him. "Wanted to see how you're doing."

Raph ignores them, silently talking small things alone.

Leo tried. He crouched down holding Harlow in her blanket with his one arm, trying to make eye contact with Raph. "Hey, bro, I just thought that... You should see Har--"

Without a warning, Raph explodes on them. "GET AWAY FROM ME!!"

Leo jumped up and defends Harlow's ears. She started to whine when she heard her father's voice for the first time outside the womb and she didn't like it. Criss and Kitty back up when people from all around the area heard Raph yell at his brother. "Okay... I'm sorry."