10 || 𝐖𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

After four long hours of Stamina carrying Rep on his back, he was given a break in the backyard of a house-- which Rep camped out in. The horse munched on the overgrown green grass, snorting every once in a while as Rep cooked a freshly killed squirrel.

The cloaked man heard a few animals noises in the distance, ones that are far away. He would hear the coyotes yowling and screaming and possibly, those could be infected out there. But Rep thought the stars looked nice tonight, taking him back when he used to stargaze all of the tie with his friends and family...before he changed.

There are no clouds and it's obvious that planes were absent. All Rep could see from his little campfire were the stars and moon trying to light up the sky for tonight.

Rep thought about the time he began reconstructing his life in a cabin that hid in the woods and just so happened to accompany two shapeshifters-- mythical shapeshifters.

Then, he blinks back into his little cooking moment. He felt his stomach roar and heard Stamina nicker before walking toward the fire. The horse let his legs buckle and then his large shire body thud lightly to the ground to rest his body. Stamina's eyes are barely closed with his long face looking straight at the fire as if he was trying to communicate with it.

"Tired ass," Rep says at the horse, not expecting Stamina to answer him. The horse nickered quietly as Rep pulled the roasting squirrel away from the ashes so he could pick at the cooked meat. When he took a bite, he felt the protein give his tastebuds a tingle. He was thankful to have something in his stomach now.

As Rep ate, he looks at the horse laying next to the fire. It seems like Stamina was Rep's only friend. After a few minutes, Rep stripped the squirrel's meat from the skeleton and picked his teeth with one of the sharpest bones.

****

𝐑𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

April just passed me and said she had forgotten to give Mikey our ration cards that are always used when getting food and supplies in this place. The five of us get ten rations each and if we want more we are to work for more cards in order to keep our bellies full.

The brunette in black leather clothing told me Mikey headed back to the tent after he met with someone named Nathan. I guess he still isn't going to the party unless I can change his mind and get his happy side up. Before I did that, my attention is brought to 'Ration Alley' just one block away from my tent. This is where the people of the community get their rations of food and supplies.

These tents mostly had workers that were in charge of what is being sold to whatever family or person. I've seen multiple choices of food, aid kits, clothes, even small accessories for children and adults. My choices were two new shirts, one aid kit, and a paper wrap full of deer jerky. I had six rations left and spared those until next time. Everyone is very friendly and so are the mutants that live here with humans.

I rushed back through the streets of people walking to the park for the get-together while I'm too focused on getting back to the tent. Mikey is there outside warming up next to the oil drum and taking care of the horses.

"Hey, Mikey," I said, coming between Streak and Rain eating piles of hay. Michelangelo doesn't say anything but makes eye contact for a good two seconds. He turned back to the horses. "Are you going to the party tonight?"

His head shot up from his chore and looks at the lights down the street where people laughed and had a great time. I told him it starts in half an hour and lasts until eight o'clock. "I don't think so, Reg." Mikey detangles Streak's man with his fingers, still minding his own business.