09 || 𝐖𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍

𝐋𝐞𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 1

When the truck was met with the sunlight, all infected in the parking lot lost focus on wandering the earth and placed attention on the obnoxious black truck. I gasped and had my group duck down behind the bushes as I take a quick look at the vehicle coming this way. My katana sits in my palm and waits for whoever is in the truck to come out and fight. Gladly, I didn't have to because I saw Raph jumping out and greeting the rest of us.

"Raph?" I stand tall and wait for his response to this huge surprise. "What is this?"

"Our new way of getting around." He replied. Clementine, Patience and Kitty take care of the infected men and women coming too close to us as I discussed this with my brother.

"A truck?" I give a small smile.

"Yeah, man." Patience flung an arrow at one of the dead-heads wobbling toward her like a toddler. He growled when it hit the ground. She retrieved her arrow and placed the weapon back on her scaly shoulders. Her little lizard, Silly peaked out of her coat... I haven't seen that little thing in a long time. "We got us a party wagon. Now, let's load up and be on our way to wherever land." She says, gesturing for everyone to get inside the truck.

Faith placed her pale hand on my shoulder and smiled, she was certainly happy about this. Casey helped Kri get to her feet but Raphael quickly came and guides her to the truck's back seat. She's getting weaker every day. And Criss, my girlfriend wanted to know what I thought about this.

"It's better than walking," I told her.

"That's right. We got a better chance of being safe and keeping more supplies." Said Criss, pulling her long hair into her hands and stroking it lightly. "We better join them."

"Yeah."

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 1

Raphael set Kristen in the back seat of the truck and secured her in the seatbelt. He made sure she was comfortable in the position and kisses her forehead. "Everything is going to be okay." He says to her. Kri's strength decreased slowly with the little one inside her. She lifts her thin hand brings her palm to Raph's face, he leaned into it and closed his eyes. "I love you, Kristen."

"I love you." She says. "He or she will be here soon."

Raph let one tear fall, his voice shaking. "Yeah, I know. I can't wait. I'll be in the back of the truck with Leo, okay?"

Clementine turned in the driver's seat. "Don't worry, Kristen." She grinned, adjusted the review mirror. "Pay, Faith, and I will be in here with you."

"Thanks," Kristen says softly, resting her hands on her growing abdomen and leans comfortably in the seat. She watches Raphael close the four-door truck and climb in the back with Casey and his brother, Leo.

Soon after loading up and piling into a truck, Leo told Clementine to drive. The leader in blue is just happy that he can keep track of everyone without having to look left, right, front, and back.

****

𝐌𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐲'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2
𝐂𝗼𝗺𝗺𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲

Spending time with Cash outside the tent gave me some comfort and helped me forget about the overwhelming community and the infected. I left the four animals to eat while I went to go find April at the park set up for tonight's get-together.

Her beauty still attracts men's eyes, enjoying the sight they see when she walks by. She ignored it all and mainly focused on the children and women here with males that didn't get into her business. When I found her, she was speaking to some mutant kids in ragged clothes. They were maybe between the ages of seven to fourteen years old. All four are the same kind of mutant; wolves.