05 || 𝐅𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

Midnight rolled around at the community Mikey and his group arrived at. They all said goodnight to each other and headed to their tents so they can start the next day fresh.

But before Shado went to bed, she asked Mikey the date of the month. He told her it was the 13th of June and the way she reacted to the answer made him question her emotions. He asked her and she answered with,

"Today is my birthday..." She hugged her arm while standing in front of him. She is another year older and bummed out she won't celebrate like she usually does every year. Her father would bake her the best cake and sing her the famous birthday song to confirm her new digits. The problem is he isn't here.

Regan heard this and smiled with the blanket over her in her bed. She sat up and said, "Happy birthday, Shado. How old are you now?"

"Fifteen," she replied softly with Sunny sitting nicely at her side. "I don't feel older." she chuckled and walked to her bed that was set up by Regan's. Mikey grinned and told her happy fifteenth birthday before the light went out in their tent to rest up and explore the community.

****

𝙹𝚞𝚕𝚢 𝟿𝚝𝚑, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝐋𝐞𝗼'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 1

When everyone was in good shape for the travel, we left the town in search of something better. Its always been our main goal; a new and better home. After spending another night, we were for sure ready to face the dangers out there again.

I hope I'm doing what's right for my people. They're all I have and they need me.

Instead of my group sticking together in one big cluster, they all spread out in an uneven line trailing behind me on this dirt road leading through an aisle of trees.

The only way to keep the real me from the very beginning is remembering Splinter and the lessons he'd teach me and my brothers. Meditation, keeping everyone together, thinking of the best decisions and how they can affect others. I have to reteach myself those things to stay the way I am and not bring danger to my family. By that, not concern them too greatly.

The best shot we got is heading south and far from Centre to see what waits for us in a mystery chest. This surviving life is a lot harder than people will think it is.

As the hours went by, the heat from the sun intensified. The sweat soaked our clothing, making it feel like the surfaces of our skin were cooking.

"I have never experienced such a blazing day..." Clem looks up at the sky and just sees the sun, no clouds to block it. There are no trees out here.

Casey coughed up sap-like saliva and sees ahead of the road is a lake of heat waves coming off the ground. "Ever heard of cooking eggs on concrete?"

Kitty and Faith tried to laugh, but the heat decreased their moods.

"How is she holding up back there?" I asked Raph. He was a few feet behind Criss and I. My brother hasn't said a word to me since we left the town and stashed every can of food in our packs. The response he gives gave everyone the instinct to stop on the road.

"How is she holding up?" He said. "How is she holding up?!" Raph repeated with an extra kick in his volume. "She's dying, Leo! Kri can't even walk and hardly speak! You tell me how she's holding up!" Raphael walks up and got me to look at Kristen who was facing six feet under.

"Raph, I--"

"You're what? Sorry?! You don't get to be sorry. You got Criss! She's breathing just fine." He growled without Kri flinching in his grasp.