23 || 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐎 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄

𝐎𝐬𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

The electricity inside my body fired up enough to make my bioluminescent features on my tail, ears, blue eye, and face light up. The emotion making my body do this is pure calmness. I lay on the roof, fiddling with pieces of growing moss on the shingles, and kept a lookout for infected while Kodiak and Amber spoke about leaving the cabin. I don't have a problem leaving here, it's just I don't know what I would do the moment I stepped outside the cabin permanently. "What do I do?" I asked myself, staring into endless woods."

My limbs and face stopped glowing the moment I raised my head up to get a look into the cabin. Amber and Kodi weren't in the same spots from when I checked on them earlier. A small noise from behind made me flinch and face the twins on the roof with me. "Hey," Amber said.

"You guys are getting better at sneaking. Keep it up and you'll catch anything." I comment.

Amber and Kodi look at each other, not acknowledging my words. "Kodi and I talked and we both had the idea... What if..." Amber trailed off in her words and spits it out the next. "What if you brought Boss home early?"

I laughed, thinking they are joking. If they are not, what a stupid idea. "What? Bring him home?"

"Yeah. You have a better sense of smell than the both of us combined. You can find him and bring him back here." Amber smiled, hoping I would agree with this plan.

I scoffed at her. "You don't think I'm gonna go through with this, do you? Why can't you guys go? He won't attack either of you, but me he will." Why are they now thinking of this? How come they think this is such a great idea? Besides the pros and cons-- it's f*cking dumb! If I agree to this, I'm throwing myself out there with the hunters and infected.

Kodi disagreed. "The Boss isn't what you think. At first, he is protective of himself and might be an ass but he will take a liking to you."

"No," I shook my head. "No. I'm not doing it."

"Osa, please?" Amber stepped closer to me.

"Amber, Kodi, I would, but I can't. I can't do it." I said, facing away from them.

"Can't or won't?" Kodi asked.

Did these two all of a sudden become selfish or have they always been that way? "Neither! The last time I tried looking for someone, my group and I almost died. So the answer is no." I gave them a quick glare of disappointment. I jumped down the cabin skylight to land in the middle of the living room. I walked into Boss' bedroom even though I am not allowed and sat on the bed, taking off my peg leg and tossing it at the floor below. The second the leg hit the wooden boards, it broke. I gasped when it pulled apart in a certain way. The old chair leg and leg socket dislocated as if it was meant to do that.

I got off the bed and hopped over to investigate and see a rolled-up piece of paper fall out. I sat next to my leg and unrolled the little scroll.

There's writing.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2

Regan, Raph, Faith, and Patience didn't know what to say when Criss had gone missing. Leonardo froze, his eyes burning in tears but then blinks them away. That's when April jogged up and heard the news. She already sent out a search party to go find traces of the girl. Deep inside the ex-reporter... she was hiding something from everyone here. "We are going to get her back and see who we're dealing with, okay?" She says to Leo.

"Don't bother." The leader growled lightly. "I'm taking care of this myself."

Clementine, Kitty, and Shado came back to the tent to see what was going on. "I heard cries, what happened?" Clementine asked Patience.