33 || 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐃

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

As a break, Rep let Osa take a nap under the tree they both sat under to get away from the beating sun. It was half-hour after Osa saved Rep from that Stalker she brutally killed with him. He twirled pieces of grass in his hands and thought about what happened in the last forty-eight hours.

First, Osa appears outside the college, nearly ready to attack him. Second, Rep finds a place for them to stay and he cooks her breakfast in the morning, more like giving her a raw slab of deer. Third, she saved him from infected after he fixed her leg. Already so much has happened and he is having a hard time coping with her being his traveling partner.

He's feeling something. Rep has never felt this way before. Guilt? Why does he have guilt? Maybe he should just not speak to her the rest of the way, but that would be too impossible because communication is needed the entire rest of the way. "What am I doing?" He whispered.

Rep looks at the sunrays through the oak tree, lighting up every green leaf, and felt the wind stroke his skin through his gloves. He looks at the sleeping shifter in the grass, soaking in the warmth and twitching every few minutes. A quick churn in his stomach occurs, so did his heartbeat and both hands began to tremble. He folds his hands in his lap and told them to stop. He can't. "Stop. Please, stop it."

Osa rustled up the grass and sat up. "Stop what?"

Rep flinched and scrambled to his feet. "Nothing that concerns you. C'mon," He changes the subject. "We better get going."

Osa started picking up weird vibes from him and mounted Lucky as she thought some things over. It didn't make any sense. "Rep." She said. He got the horses ready and got on top of Stamina. He doesn't answer her. "Rep!"

Silence.

Osa growls. "Damn it!" She got off the horse and ran in front of Stamina. The horses reared lightly and this startled Rep. "Would you answer me?!"

"What do you want?! The hell's your problem, Olga?" He got off his horse and walks up to the shifter.

"It's Osa!" She snapped back at him. Just earlier, he was nice to her and now he is being a jackass.

"Whatever!" He says to her. "You're becoming a real pain in my ass."

"Good!"

Rep gave some muffled laughs and put his hands on his hips. "What do you want from me?!"

"Wanna know? You're being really weird!" She stated, thinking back to her previous thoughts about Rep. She got numerous whiplashes from her, and it's like he had two different personalities. One was good and the other is bad. "Like... I don't even know! You stare at me through that--that mask!" She pointed out. "I can't tell what your expressions are and it's making me really uncomfortable. Who the hell are you?! I wanna know!"

Rep leaned on Stamina. "I'm Rep. Nice to meet you, what's your name?"

"Oh, my-- you're an ass. Unbelievable!" Osa walked ahead of the horses, leaving Rep by the animals and watching her walk the road.

"Now where are you going?" He called out to Osa.

"To find Leo, Raph, Mikey, and the rest of my family! Ever since I found you, you've been nothing but a closed book!" She walks backward and stopped to have a yelling contest with him. "It's the apocalypse! I might die today or tomorrow and I will die knowing I had the suckiest traveling partner!"

"I can't provide you with anything! What do you want?" He replied loudly to her.

"A friend! That's what I want!"