21 || 𝐀𝐁𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐃?

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞𝐬 1 & 2

While Maddy and Vv help the children with single survival with help from Raph. And Faith and Clem keep stock of all the food that comes in from weekly supply runs. The two girls enjoyed each other's company when they organized canned foods and packaging snacks.

Criss and Regan had their job of perimeter check with other guards hired by April.

Kitty and Shado help with the younger kids below the age of three located in Ration Alley. A nursery.

In return, the family gets more than average portions of food and supplies. April found some clothes for the girls to wear and even some oversized pants for the turtle brothers. The leader of this place felt like her friends needed more hospitality and great care because their such a big family with a new baby growing in the community. Baby Harlow even got her first pair of pants. Raphael hasn't shed a tear in the past three weeks since his daughter was born and since Kri's death. His little one really brightens up his life, but at the end of the day, he does think of his girlfriend who he actually wanted to marry. He wishes she was still around.

Vv, Maddy, and Duke had teachings today and let Raph take care of Harlow for today. The three worked hard to boost the kid's knowledge about gun control and surviving techniques. Maddy guided children's elbows and hands at target practice in the park, Duke put new guns together, and Vv taught a group of eight to twelve-year-olds how to spark a fire only using sticks and dry grass.

"Great job, Tallon," Vv comments to one of the children who made his first fire in front of his friends. "That's how it's done, everyone. Put your mind to it and you'll make a spark, got it?"

"Yes, Vincent." The kids said at once.

"Good." She smiled, holding her naked stump gently in her hand. It finally healed enough to not have any bandages. "Tomorrow we'll learn how to defend ourselves against infected. Off to lunch and I'll see you all for tomorrow's class."

With that, the kids were dismissed from lessons as well as the kids learning to aim guns with Maddy. The alien put her hands on her hips ad her antennas brightened up. "Well, I'd say today's class went great."

Duke clacked a new gun he put together and grinned. "Yeah. These kids get better every day."

Vv yawned and rubbed her eyes. "I'm proud of those kids but sometimes I wish April would let us have a day off or something."

This was something that alarmed Vincent. For some reason, she didn't understand why there were no days off when it came to working. Of course, it was to keep surviving, but people needed to take a rest for at least a day...

Maddy nodded. "I agree. But she won't let us do that because if something happens here, these kids can't be uneducated."

"I understand," Vv replied, looking up to the sky to see the grey clouds hover above. "Looks like a storm is brewing. Come on, let's go get a bite of lunch before we get wet."

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫' 𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

The thunder rumbled and clacked in the sky, shaking the ground a little, just enough to feel it. Water poured endlessly on the ground, drenching Rep's cloak, and drowning overgrown plants. The air smelled of fresh earth water, dirt, and of course, salty blood.

No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't stop himself from his insanity. All he wanted to do at times was kill anything that came too close to his space... He knows that this isn't who he is, but this is what he has become. This is Rep-- someone who is sitting on the back of a horse with blood on both of them that doesn't belong to them.