13 || 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 1

The sun kisses the treetops in the rest of the plant's bodies to officially start the day for Leo and his tribe. He bats his eyes open and sees Criss sharpening a stick with her machete. "Good morning," Leo said.

"Morning. How did you sleep?" Criss asked her turtle boyfriend.

"Well, a truck ain't so comfortable..." He replied back.

Raphael groaned when he woke up, yawning obnoxiously. "Ah, morning already?"

Leonardo nodded and sees Faith is just waking up too. "Yeah, and it is time to get on the road. We got a big journey ahead of us." He said, stuffing some canned food back into his back that fell out during the night.

"Go where?" Clementine rubs her eyes and sticks her head out the truck window.

"Well," Leo says, thinking about his next move for his family. "I've been doing some thinking last night and," He pauses, seeing that most of his people are awake. "Philadelphia is our next go."

"What?" Kitty and Clem say aloud in unison.

"Leo," Clementine says. "That's ways away."

"Not really..." Leonardo took out Osa's watch and played with the device, pulling up the holographic map. "It looks like it's pretty close..."

Patience sighed at Leo. "What about Kristen?"

"She isn't getting better out here," Raphael said to everyone. "I say let's go. She might have a chance."

The leader in blue looks at Clementine looking out of the skylight of the truck. "Start it up, Clem."

She nodded, giving him thumbs up. "Let's do it."

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 3

Stamina carried Rep for hours throughout the morning until the sun had risen from over the neighborhood. The horse brought Rep to what used to be a busy street in this town and owned a field of bodies lying around. Stamina nickers in fright so Rep easily checked him. "Easy, boy. Nothing but a bunch of dead ones." He says turning around to go back the way they came and hear Stamina's solid hoof beats on the road.

Rep kicked Stamina's sides every few seconds to keep him trotting down the road without slowing down. The brown animal carrying Rep's things bobbed his head and pinned his ears while shaking his big head violently. Rep checked him, but the horse wouldn't listen. "What's got you?"

The horse neighed, spooked, and faces what emerged from the left side of the street. Coming out from stores and fast food places were the twitchiest infected, roaring and looking around outside. They swipe the air like always and heard Rep's horse making small noises the more large numbers of infected came out into the light.

"Whoa, whoa," Rep said, looking through his mask and facing his three o'clock angle, then his five o'clock and then twelve. "Sh*t." He said, reaching behind his back and pulling out a bow and arrows he found in another house he looted. This isn't just any regular bow and arrow, these ones are specially made for the living dead. "Let's give this baby a whirl." Then the survivor kicks Stamina's ribs harder to get him into a canter and run for the infected up the street.

As Stamina ran, Rep pulls an arrow from his backpack, placed it on the bow, pulls it back, and aims for the first head he sees with many more following behind it. He let go of the arrow and let the newly improved arrow explode into a medium-size cloud of fire and wood splinters, allowing two more infected drops from the explosive arrow. He chuckled at the outcome.