14 || 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

𝐍𝐚𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2

EdgePort has been my home since the end of January. My sister, Sarah came in with me but grew incredibly ill once she caught the flu and unfortunately didn't make it the next day. Its been very hard-- being alone and not having a family member to talk to, but Roan made his way into my miserable life and circle of trust to be my new family.

A good hunting trip is a great way to take a break from the community, so we rode the horses for an hour to make it to a certain treeline. "This is EdgePort territory." My lizard mate, Roan pointed at the red tags tied around the trees. "Go past those and it's a danger zone."

Regan understood. "So, where do we go from here?"

I gladly replied. "We just wanted to show this before we headed out on the hunt. From here, we go west and find another forestry."

It took another painful hour on horseback. My legs and back ached from being moved for too long by a massive mule's ass. But we did make it to the edge of our hunting grounds so we dismounted our horses and tied them too thick lower branches of the trees. "What a knackered walk," I said, pulling my rifle off the mule's pack and cocking the bolt. "We lookin' for a deer, Ro?"

The mutant gears his belt. "Sure seems that way." He replied, looking at a used dirt trail.

"What makes you say we are tracking a deer?" Asked Regan.

I kneel down the trail and point out the fresh hoof prints made by Bambi himself. "Have a gander, Reg," I told her. The beautiful girl comes at my level and touches the deer tracks with her fingertips. I'll have to admit that she is a fit bird, but I do need to remember that we had only just met.

"They look fresh." Said Regan, standing up tall with me and Roan. "Should we follow?"

I slightly smiled at her. "Ladies first." I motioned to the path and she didn't show any sign of rejecting to go first. Regan marched into the woods, making Roan and I nod and approve of this new hunter we got. If Regan can prove today that she is worthy of being a great hunter a part of our community, then I'd take her as my second partner.

Roan and I trail behind Regan with her sniper rifle on her back, keeping her eyes on the deer trail.

****

𝐍𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐭𝗼𝐫'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕
𝐓𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞 2
𝐄𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐲 𝐌𝗼𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

Vincent and Duke washed a few dishes in a bucket and soap by the tents where Mikey and Shado took care of the other two horses.

Shado's dog chewed and played with the old tennis ball, Duke and Vv laughed at small things they mentioned, and Mikey glances over at the dark-haired girl in glasses. He was tending to the white horse named Rain, peeking over his body to see that Shado is feeding Cash the community's hay. Michelangelo's blue eyes wouldn't come off Shado until she nearly looks in his direction.

"Mikey?" She says, having the turtle sort of duck behind the horse.

"Uh, yeah?" He answers, looking over Rain.

The girl comes over to his bubble to have an engaging conversation. "Do you think everyone will find us?"

The first thing that clicked into Mikey's head was, "My family?"

"Yeah." She says.

Mikey sighed and takes a quick look at Vv and Duke washing dishes to help out April. He wasn't sure if he was going to see his family again or ever in a million years. It's been quite a while since he's seen anyone else. "I'm not sure, Shado. Leo and everyone else can be anywhere by now... Maybe dead, I dunno..." He walks from the horse to refill the horse's water buckets.