District Seven Female - Celeste Oriel

Name: Celeste Oriel

Age: 16

District: 7

Sex: Female

Physical Appearance: Celeste's features are wispy and subdued, painting the image of a girl younger than her years are - cascading brown hair paired with hazelnut irises, thin lips shrouded with ashened skin. Her build is slight and delicate in a sense that she seems capable of snapping with a misplaced push, or fracturing with a sudden shout. However, the darkest part of her appearance lies in a singular, whitened scar slashed across her wrist. The scar's jagged, but perfect in its imperfection, and its a mark Celeste hopes the Capitol won't wash away. It's a reminder that keeps Celeste anchored to sanity in this unruly world.

Personality: A bit of Celeste perished in the arena of the 49th Hunger Games, with the spear and its blood, the cannon and its hovercraft, the box and its body. Ever since, that laughing, happy-go-lucky girl with her contagious energy has faded. Celeste often finds herself searching for that girl, but all that remains is a whisper. She's now a girl who withdraws into herself, head ducked and eyes averted when she's not alone, able to elude these big, broad-shouldered people of Seven who tower over her like the trees do. Her voice speaks solemnly and quietly, though Celeste avoids these interactions, because when people see her deadened eyes, they change; perhaps they're wondering where that carefree girl went, perhaps not - all Celeste knows is that she despises it all, and the trees of the forest don't care about what's happened to her. However, the remnants of Celeste's old personality still lie in her genuine smiles, few and far in-between but radiating that same energy she once seemed to glow with.

Background: Despite what it may seem like, it isn't that Celeste lives a poor life. Her mother is a teacher, and her father is a respected merchant, making them far better off than the families of lumberjacks. Her parents are nothing short of loving and caring, but while Celeste cares for them, she cannot help but feel the same sense of disconnect as she has from the rest of the world. She has a few friends, all of whom she feels are purely functional - she knows them, but not really; they know her, but not really. It isn't that Celeste has a particular distaste for her parents or friends, but they're simply each a slightly different shade of monotonous gray, gray and gray and gray until it's all Celeste can ever see in this world anymore.

It was when the girl with the rainbows was reaped for the 49th Hunger Games that Celeste realized how much color the girl gave her in life, and how empty it became without her.

Reaped or Volunteered? Reaped

Weapon of Choice: Axes are far beyond Celeste's physical abilities to manage, so she sticks with knives and poisons.

Token: N/A