District Two Male - Maur Verrill

Name: Maur Verrill

Age: 18

District: 2

Sex: Male

Physical Appearance: He wears his mother's beauty. His cheekbones are defined, and they're often what draw the ladies--but don't be fooled, Maur is not a ladies' man (he's more of man's man, really, if you know what I mean). There is a brutality in his dark eyes, and the deep brown has a violent edge. His nose is prominent, but his lips are not, often chapped (he has this awful lip-biting habit) and lost of color. With hair the same color as his eyes, his lighter skin is a stark contrast to his features. However, his skin is marked with blemishes, a number of these imperfections crowd his cheeks, his forehead, and his shoulders. But it's kind of adorable, really (though don't tell him that, he considers himself more... handsome).

Personality: If there's a word for what Maur is not, it's shy. He is a determined, diligent individual who works for what he wants. He isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, nor is he afraid of failure. He'll dive head-first into an uncomfortable situation, eager to prove whatever it is he needs to prove. He's careful with who he trusts, and it's likely he won't be going with the Careers this year, and instead, will build his own little alliance with hand-picked tributes that he thinks are both valuable and easy to control. He likes to have control of the situation and be in charge. The moment he loses control in the arena, however, is when the the show really begins.

Background: Maur grew up in the heart of District Two, the third son of a fairly well-off family. As a child, he barely saw his mother, who was the Head Peacekeeper at the time. Now, she works at the Training Center, where Maur has spent most of his teenage years training diligently. He is far closer to his father, a stonemason, who made time for him as a child; however, Maur's relationship with his father has deteriorated over recent years as he follows in his mother's footsteps into a more violence-centered future.

His oldest brother, Ares, is nearly eight or so years older than he is, and is currently studying to become a Gamemaker in the Capitol. Maur's relationship with him is nonexistent. However, Maur is close with his other brother, Kal, who is a Peacekeeper with varying success, though he's doing a fairly good job at climbing up the ranks.

Reaped or Volunteered? Volunteered. Both of his brothers are extremely ambitious, and Maur wants to best them--the best way to do that is win the Hunger Games.

Weapon of Choice: He prefers the sword, specifically the broadsword, though he is proficient in a number of weapons.

Token: Maur wears a ring carved of stone (courtesy of his father) on a silver chain.

Other: He's got an unnatural hostility towards kale--it's rather odd, really, because what did those (awful) green veggies ever do to him? However, I do suspect it might have to do with his brother: Kal and Kale. Hm. Maybe.