The Victor and Results

"It's time for the curtains to draw to a close," cries Caesar, cloaked in a flowing cape. "It's time for the victor to finally be revealed, for them to embark on their journey through District after District—" the crowd ooo's, "and take their rightful crown up again at the Presidential Palace! But first," and now he frowns, "we must mourn those lost along the way." The crowd cries.

Orvan smiles. This is good. This is well. This is the end.

In twenty-fourth place...District Six, Royal Robinson [written by yellowbillycat]

In twenty-third place...District 12, Juniper 'June' Lindsay [written by dancingstark]

In twenty-second place...District 7, Celeste Oriel [written by annlu03]

In twenty-first place...District 5, Mistilyn 'Misti' Markarrien [written by _TheFaultinOurWifi_]

In twentieth place...District 5, Edison 'Sonny' Aiken [written by RappyTheDinosaur]

In nineteenth place...District 3, Pixel Mira [written by GabrielleSteyer]

In eighteenth place...District 1, Faust Chapman [written by RGFaberson]

In seventeenth place...District 10, Kyrien Moldesang [written by fiery-hallows]

In sixteenth place...District 4, Ara Beaufort [written by HeadOnJackwards]

In fifteen place...District 11, Andromeda 'Andi' Abdul [written by lostwithmyfriends]

In fourteenth place...District 9, Lena Barkle [written by Clove_Thenardier]

In thirteenth place...District 2, Pandora Underwood [written by KatelynMckelle]

In twelfth place...District 11, Porat Hadar [written by canaria-]

In eleventh place...District 10, Sable Warren [written by josie-tee]

In tenth place...District 4, Dacre Aldric [written by josie-tee]

In ninth place...District 8, Mellory Suede [written by HannahFare]

In eighth place...District 5, Jove 'Trojan' Tesla [written by -Giraffe-]

In seventh place...District 2, Maur Verrill [written by LightOfTheMooneh]

In sixth place...District 12, Basil 'Bas' Crombie [written by sticky-wickit]

In fifth place...District 9, Kardel Barwick [written by katniss-everdeen]

And now..........

--

In fourth place.........District 6, Fintan Bailey [written by TheDarkHorse]!

How do I begin to describe Fintan? The truth, the relatability, the true connecting through first person, it's no wonder he made it so far, and was so popular amongst readers! With a strong knack for train-of-thought and stream-of-consciousness, Fintan showed us the true price of morphling, of having a family who is involved with the work. Through heartbreak to his devastating conclusion drawing back to canon by immortalizing Fintan Bailey as the unnamed morphling from Six who died trying to help Katniss, Fintan made it far, only to fall for humanity. His humour, his ability to kick you where it makes you laugh while you cry, this entry had all of it. A hearty congratulations to you!

--

In third place.........District 1, Dioria Rose [written by CAKersey]!

*insert gif pretending to be shocked at the author reveal*. Okay, I'm kidding. Onto seriousness. Dioria Rose started the games a diamond, a shining, gleaming, bright white. She came out red, brown, darkened and hardened by trying to achieve her standards, trying to vie for fame and glory like Marbella never had. With a strong eye for the direction to take Dioria in, it's no wonder she breezed through voting to make it to finals. A fitting conclusion, a wonderful draw back to canon, but if we are being truly canon here, we regret to inform you that Dioria Rose faced the same fate as Marbella, killed by an underdog. It's been a pleasure seeing you push your limits and writing style!

--

In second place.........District 7, Linwood Walsh [written by lostwithmyfriends]!

Linwood, the most aesthetic of the Games...how does one begin to describe his contribution to canon? Beauty dripped from every sentence, he excelled through tasks, bagging both quarter and semi byes. He was always a strong contender, even if his body was weak. How we pined for the character who only wished to be loved, who only wanted to see the world. With a final entry to bring us back to the start, to bring us back to a tree, to his yearning, to his longing, even while now being loved, damn son. It's been a true pleasure seeing Linwood develop and break from his shell, giving us beautiful prose while giving us heartwrenching moments. Too relatable, sometimes. A true and hearty congratulations to you!

--

Which means, ladies, gentlemans, and other folks, this can only mean one thing...

The winner of the 51st Annual Hunger Games, the winner of the Fourth Annual Writer Games is none other than..

District 8, Moira Holiday [written by ShayTree]!

Possibly the strongest contender these Games, with scores topping the rankings each time, no one really seemed to have it out for Moira (except maybe Mellory, Dioria, and Maur!)--in ballots anyway. With a phenomenal first entry, the character only continued to impress, with the author deftly weaving an intricate story that read more like a chapter from a novel than a mere mortal entry sometimes. With the climax coming in the middle of the Games with the truth that Moire was Moira and that was how she wanted to be in her final days, the rest of her life, she went from weary-watched Capitol underdog to a new favourite. With stunning balance, the final entry deftly weaved the story altogether, culminating in a (thank GOD) happy ending. Seriously, fuck you had it not been happy. And the Suede's. Ouch. A beautiful conclusion to one of the most interesting, heartwrenching, beautifully written characters I've seen. A well-deserved win. Congratulations!

And that's all folks. Thank you again for all your support, commitment, and time! It's been a pleasure. Until next time.