District One Female - Dioria Rose

Name: Dioria Rose [Dee-oh-ree-ah Roh-zuh]

Age: Eighteen

District: One

Sex: Female

Physical Appearance: Much like a diamond, Dioria would shine no matter where she is - even in One, where there are more precious gems than in say Six (or, Panem forbid, Twelve). Her blonde hair stands out not for the golden hue many of One's citizens have, but for the silver shimmer that washes over its paleness. Her face isn't quite as full or as soft as one might expect from One's female tributes; rather, it is sharp and angular, trading a naive sensuality for a vampy, more dangerous allure. That is not to say that Dioria doesn't fit the part she plays. Her body is lithe and lean, lending a nice agility to her hand to hand combat which often gives her the upper hand. Perhaps Dioria's most striking feature is her eyes. While she rarely opens them fully, favouring a near-dreamlike look to them, they are a startling shade of steel grey and pierce through their target as well as any of the weapons with which Dioria is skilled.

Personality: Much like a diamond, Dioria is sharp. Her wit is quick and cutting, and her focus is both intense and easy to draw; the noise made by a falling pin on hard flooring might throw her into alert. As a result, Dioria likes to think of herself as rather funny, though this is usually in a dry, sarcastic, and often even hurtful sort of way. This might rub some people the wrong way, but her charisma tends to inspire people to seek her approval, and so they tend to brush it aside to avoid looking vulnerable in front of her. She has a tendency to judge others quickly, and while she is often right, it's also not uncommon for her to decide against someone for no apparent reason, sometimes to her detriment. Perhaps most unfortunately (and probably the result of her intelligence and confidence), Dioria takes herself much too seriously. Any jokes at her expense do not end well, particularly if they pick at her quick temper.

Background: There isn't much to say here. Quite like anyone who shows the potential to succeed in the Hunger Games, Dioria was whisked from her family at eight (a bit younger than most) and thrown into training. She was raised in the Academy, though her weekly visits allowed her to grow close to her twin sister, Chanel, nonetheless. She has several acquaintances and associated, but few friends; that would require an openness and vulnerability which Dioria isn't sure she's capable of manifesting.

Reaped or Volunteered? Volunteered

Weapon of Choice: Ribbon daggers for close combat, throwing knives for distance. Anything sharp and easily concealed, really.

Token: A hair ribbon made by Chanel, who's grown into quite the seamstress. It's a leftover from one of the gowns Chanel made her, decorated with a few diamonds (her birth stone) to add a touch of flair.