I've seen an image of the future

Mila had often heard that when you're planning a wedding time moves fast due to how much preparation you're doing for it.  She didn't understand that at first because one, she wasn't the one planning it and two, how the hell does that even happen?  At first, Mila thought that it was the mix of work picking up due to the holidays quickly approaching teamed with the wedding and Mike working hard on his album.  To her, she still had time to find her dress and it wasn't something that had to be done right away.  Everything that had to be secured down was already decided on from the save the dates (and sent those out), invitations, venue, color scheme, caterer and flowers.  Yet there was still so much to do.  Mila found herself thankful for the fact that a good portion of the planning was done with help by Michelle via Skype and she would often lead the couple in what they had to do. 

When Michelle mentioned that Mila had to start looking at dresses, she was thrown for a loop.  Once the reasoning was given of needing to have time to browse and then the amount of time that it would take to make the dress, a small amount of anxiety stepped in.  Mike was quick to see this knowing that between work and hearing this, she was under a lot of stress.  He knew that the holidays in her field brought upon a lot of increased depression in people which led to an increased amount of suicidal ideation.  There had been many times that Mila had gotten calls where she's had to meet clients at hospital or end up working late due to crisis'.  The amount of stress his fiancée was dealing with was high currently and the last thing he wanted was for her to tumble down. 

Mike talked to the mom's who both agreed to help Mila in her search for the dress.  He knew that a lot of the girls wanted to be with her during this event, but he also knew that Mila would get overwhelmed by too many opinions.  So he kept it small.  Their wedding day would be just that, theirs.  Mike knew that certain women close to Mila would be upset at the knowledge that they weren't included, and he would have no issues putting them in their spot if needed.  To him, keeping most of the unnecessary stress in Mila's life away from her was his job at the moment and he would be damned if others thought they could add guilt to Mila's list.

Walking into the bridal store that the mom's mentioned, Mila let out a slight groan.  There were rows and rows of dresses.  All different styles, shades of white, different materials and of course there were veils.  Donna smiled wrapping her arm around her soon-to-be daughter-in-law seeing the stress already settling in her face.

"You don't have to worry," She told her.  "We called ahead for a bridal consultant to help.  You'll give them your likes and dislikes and they pull dresses for you."

"Praise Jesus," Mila breathed watching a woman come over to them. 

"You must be Mila," She greeted her with an outstretched hand.  "I'm Mary, I'll be helping you today.  Why don't you come into my office and we can get started." 

Mila smiled stepping foot into the room sans mothers, it was very elegant and looked like an office you'd find in a bridal shop.  It almost had a parisian type of feel to the room, but also a relaxing vibe to it.  Mary asked her what she liked in styles of dresses and showed her a couple of sample photos when she wasn't sure what she meant.  Mary also asked about Mila's overall style which she found out let her know if a lot of detail would be something she'd like.  After a couple of minutes of answering questions and picking a price point, Mary left the room in search of some dresses. 

When she came back into the room, she smiled at the nervous woman in the room calmly.  Mary was used to this look and also the looks of excitement.  In her experience, usually following the first dress is on the nervousness goes away.  The nervous ones were also the Brides who were easier to work with and the ones who found their dress within that one trip.