A future gazing out a past to overwrite

(A/N- Moving right along in the story.  At some point there will be a couple of months jump to get this moving further.  I can't even believe I'm already almost to thirty chapters!  Also, there is a mature section towards the end of this.  So be aware.)

Her face showed that she was not amused. Mike noticed the rolling of her eyes since the beginning of the phone call while they were stopped at a red light. Over the line he heard the words 'Vegas Bachelorette party' which elicited the woman next to him to shake her head. He wasn't sure why anyone would try to make that sound appealing to his girlfriend, she wasn't one for partying. While Mila for the most part came off as an extrovert she was very much the opposite. Her idea of fun was usually what most people would call boring, but he didn't. He enjoyed doing a lot of the same things Mila did and like that she found being home more fun than partying every night. To him, it showed where she was in her life.

"Cata, while its great Brielle planned this trip to Vegas and paid for you two, there are more than just you two in the bridal party. How am I supposed to afford to go? I have rent to pay not to mention working on getting a house. When we first discussed the party we all agreed to a beach house weekend," Mila told her sister getting a long winded response from the woman on the other line. Cata wasn't a fan of when things didn't go her way, especially if she was excited about it. It's one of the reasons why many people considered her to be spoiled at times. It wasn't anything Mari had ever created within her daughter, she always made sure all her kids worked for what they got. But Cata just always seemed to have that personality trait. "You can't place this all on the other bridesmaids because the maid of honor decided to go against what was originally agreed to. I am well aware this is your wedding, but you're acting spoiled right now. You can't expect all of us bridesmaids to be okay with dishing out multiple hundreds of dollars for this. If you and Brielle want to go then great, but it's a 'no' from me." Mila took the phone away from her ear sighing. "She hung up on me. Cata is such a bridezilla and Brielle is enabling her."

"You know how Cata is, Cams. Just ignore her for now and don't let her get to you," He told her getting a nod and a small sigh in response.

Mike turned onto a side street that led to their next house they were looking at. On Sunday, they looked at two more houses both of which had a lot of positives but also negatives. The first one had a great layout and no carpeting on the ground level, but the backyard was small and the neighbors were close. Mike wasn't sure how it would work out if they were recording and the music was a bit loud how the neighbors would handle it. The second had a bigger yard, but the rooms were smaller. The master bathroom was also carpeted which neither one of the couple liked at all. Another positive with that house was that the room that would have been the studio was on the opposite end of the house though which was great. On Tuesday, Mike went alone to look at a house while Mila was at work because Linsey was pretty much sure this house was something they would love and she was right. He ended up liking the house, a lot. It had a modern feel to it and definitely checked off many of their requests such as the number of rooms, backyard size, no carpeting on the lower level and a room far enough away from the Master bedroom that could be his studio. There was one catch though and that was it was a bit higher than their maximum amount they agreed to. He was hoping that if she loved it that she would look past it.

"This is beautiful from the outside," Mila commented as they pulled into the driveway. The house was the basic white with burnt almost brown orange shingle roof you see a lot in California. There were some bushes and plants in the front of the house which made it look decorated and inviting. The stairs leading from the sidewalk were wide and beautifully done. It was definitely one of her favorite house from just the front year alone. Linsey smiled at them keeping quiet about the price as requested by Mike until his girlfriend looked at the house entirely. Immediately upon walking into the home, Mila was blown away. There were marble tile that came from the front door through to the back where she figured would be the dining room and kitchen. The sitting area with the fire place had dark wood floors with a smaller less impressive dining room table. Mila wasn't sure why someone would have two dining tables when you could easily put a decent sized piano there. She made her way across the marble floor taking in the family room on the left side with dark hardwood flooring and the beautiful kitchen. The cabinets were dark with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances along with an island that matched to the tee with the cabinets and counter of everything else. It was pretty much a dream kitchen to her. Linsey slid the doors to the backyard open and allowed her to see the giant backyard. It was significantly bigger than all the other homes they had seen. There was a fire pit area not far from the back door and across the yard was an area for a patio set with a small wooden archway over it. Mike noticed when she had caught on before the words even left her mouth.