Chapter 57

"Have a good day" I said as I handed Alleysha her school bag.

"Why aren't you taking us to school?" she asked me as she took it.

"Because Daddy's taking you today" I told her.

"OK" she answered simply before holding her hand out for Danny to take.

"Mum, where's my PE kit?" Adams asked as he came downstairs

"In your bag" I said as I rolled my eyes. Adam is always leaving things until the last minute and he's so disorganised, I wonder who he gets those traits from?

I kneeled down to put Keiras coat on for her while Danny shouted for Jessica to hurry up.

Eventually all the kids were ready, "Won't be long" Danny said as he came over and pecked my lips before leaving with the kids to go to school.

It felt strange not having the school run to do, I mean don't get me wrong, he does it as often as he can but it is usually part of my morning routine and it felt a bit strange not having to do it.

I poured a cup of coffee before heading to the bathroom where I ran a bubble bath and climbed into it, determined to make the most of the extra time that had been gifted to me this morning.

I must've laid in the bath for ages, just enjoying the peace and relaxing. I heard the door and realised that Danny was back home.

"Kay??" he shouted after a few seconds

"I'm in the bathroom" I called back and heard him running up the stairs. The bathroom door opened, and Danny came in and sat on the edge of the bath.

"How long have you been in here for?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Since you left" I laughed

Danny put his hand into the bath, which was now lukewarm. "Kay, it's fucking cold" he said

"It's not" I protested, flicking the water at Danny. "What do you want to do today then?" I asked realising that me lying in this bath all day was not really the best way to spend our time together.

He smirked before saying "Why don't we go for a walk, get out and take in some fresh air"

It's sometimes the simplest things in life that can bring the most happiness and I liked his idea.

I got out of the bath and Danny wrapped a towel around me, leaving his arms around me just a few seconds longer than necessary. "Hurry up and get dressed." He said as he kissed my nose.

I dressed casually in ripped jeans and a white tshirt, and unusually for me I opted for converse rather than heels. I ran downstairs and saw Danny packing something into a bag. I looked at him with curiosity, wondering what the bag contained.

"You'll see soon enough" he said as he threw the bag over his shoulder and held his hand out for mine. "Come on shorty, lets go." He said with a laugh emphasising the reason why I rarely wear anything other than heels.

I took his hand and we headed off towards our local park. We walked at a steady pace, without the need for me to constantly tell Danny to slow down because I can't keep up with him. Arriving at the park, Danny lead me straight over to a beautiful spot shaded by trees and suddenly the contents of the bag became apparent, he had packed a picnic for us. He laid out the picnic blanket and gestured for me to sit down on it. I smiled as I watched him pulling food from his bag, before he pulled out plastic champagne flutes and a bottle of prosecco.

I shook my head "Are you aware of the time?" I asked him, it was barely 10am.

"Its wine o'clock somewhere in the world" Danny laughed as he put strawberries into the glasses before pouring the prosecco and handing one to me.

"Cheers" I laughed before taking a drink.

The park was so peaceful and we chatted mindlessly for a few hours, just watching the world pass us by and enjoying each other's company. It was a beautiful way to spend the morning. But all good things have to come to an end and only too soon it was time for us to pack up the picnic as Danny had to go to work.

"So I was thinking.." Danny said as I returned from throwing our litter in the bin and he zipped up the bag. "... how about family night tonight?"

I smirked, ready to hear more.

"We could take the kids out for dinner and then maybe go bowling, just us, as a family" he said.

"I love the idea" I said as I wrapped my arms around his waist and cuddled into his chest.

He kissed the top of my head before saying "Wanna come to work with me?"

I let out a giggle, but if the truth be told I didn't want to leave him and I didn't have any other plans for the afternoon so I agreed to tag along.

We walked the short distance back home, arriving only 10 minutes before the car arrived to collect Danny.