Chapter 75

We walked hand in hand from the bus to the arena.  It was almost 6:30, doors were open and there was hardly anyone around.  Danny led me through the corridors to the band's chill out room.

"Oh, nice of you to join us" Mark said as we walked in, coming over to hug me.

"Kay, when did you get here?" Sophie asked looking shocked to see me.

"Couple of hours ago" I said as I hugged her.

I walked over to the sofa where Glen was sat. "Good to see you Glen" I said as I bent down and kissed his cheek before going to pour a drink.

We didn't have long to catch up before Sean came to get the lads for their meet and greet.  We wandered down the corridor to the meet and greet room with the lads before Sophie and I decided to go for some food while they were doing their meet and greets.

"Skype with the kids at 8, I'll pop back to your warm up room so that we can talk to them together" I said as I kissed Danny goodbye.

Sophie and I left the meet and greet room and headed down the corridor towards catering just as the fans were led down the corridor looking very excited to be meeting their idols.

"Kay, hang on" Sophie suddenly said, stopping in her tracks.  "I've left my phone in the dressing room"

"Hurry up and get it then Soph, I'm starving" I said as I stood, making it clear that I'd just wait for her to get back.

The queue for the meet and greet came to a halt in the corridor where I was waiting.

I started to feel a little uncomfortable and wished that Sophie would hurry up.  I saw a girl coming towards me.  She was very overdressed in a sequined mini dress with a plunging neck line.  "You're Kay O'Donoghue aren't you?" she said as she looked me up and down.

I nodded.

"What are you doing here, I thought you two had split up?" She asked, an air of arrogance to her tone.

"Don't believe everything you read" I said with a giggle. "We're fine"

"Well that's not the impression I got when I was with him last night" she said, almost trying to goad me into an argument.

"Oh you saw him last night?" I asked with interest, trying to diffuse the argument that she was clearly trying to start.  "Did you enjoy the show?"

"No love" she said, the arrogance being turned up a notch.  "I was with him last night"

I realised what she was implying but I didn't believe it for a second.  I looked up and saw Sophie hurrying down the corridor.

"Well it was nice to meet you, hope you enjoy the show tonight." I said with a smile.

"You don't believe me, do you?" she asked, clearly annoyed by my reaction. "But if I'm lying, how do I know about the tattoo on his inner thigh?"

She looked defiant as I just smiled and walked off down the corridor with Sophie.

"What was that all about?" she asked me as we collected our food.

"She reckons she spent last night with Danny" I said as I rolled my eyes.

We sat in an awkward silence for a few minutes while Sophie plucked up the courage to ask "Has Danny got that stupid tattoo on his inner thigh too?"

I laughed, "They all got it, did Glen not tell you that?"

"He did but I didn't believe that all 3 of them could be that stupid" she said as she shook her head.

I nodded.

"So how are you so calm about what she's just said?" she asked looking puzzled.

"Because she wasn't with Danny last night" I said simply.

"Kay, I don't know if I should tell you this, but Danny didn't come down to the bar last night.  He said he was going to call you and then come down to meet us, but he never came back"

I nodded, "Yeah, I got a missed call from him at around 1am but I was asleep so never took the call"

"How would she know about the tattoo though, bearing in mind that I didn't even know about it" Sophie asked.  I knew it was coming from a good place though, she wasn't trying to cause problems with me and Danny, she was genuinely concerned for me.

"She doesn't know about it Soph, seriously, she wasn't with Danny last night"

"Kay, I'm here for you if you want to talk about it" Sophie said as her hand reached over the table to mine.

"Danny told some fans that he had it done, even told them what is was, she's not the first to claim she's seen it" I said calmly

"If she's lying though, how would you know?" Sophie asked confused.

"Sophie, trust me" I said this time taking her hand in mine to show that I appreciated her concern.  "I am 100% sure that she didn't see that tattoo last night"

"I wish I had that much trust for Glen" she said quietly "If some fan told me that she'd seen that tattoo I'd be livid."

I nodded, understanding why she would feel like that, but still not believing that fan for a second.