2.Opportunities.

Katie:

I held up the baby blue jumpsuit and the plain white jumpsuit,watching the material unfold in front of me,contemplating on which one i should wear for today's meeting regarding the tour.

I figured the plain white jumpsuit would be a more business casual style.Everything felt so surreal,i couldn't believe that i was given such a huge opportunity like this.

Lou told me to wear a jumpsuit anyways just so I'd look smart and well,mainly to match her cause we're just those type of annoying friends.I stripped down completely & slid into my white jumpsuit,letting my knotted hair down from my horrible attempt of a messy bun that i had since last night.I groaned in annoyance as i thought about attempting to style my hair.

I then walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth,and also curling the ends of my hair a little before spraying some perfume all over my body.

Sighing in relief when i soaked in the smell of A graceful blend of Japanese Cherry Blossom, Asian pear, fresh mimosa petals, white jasmine & blushing sandalwood.

I then grabbed my mint green knitted cardigan from my wardrobe and headed out of my room,entering into the living room.

I made my way to the kitchen and found my ma sitting next to Katherine,there was also an iPad in front of the both of them,which I assume Katherine had begged for mom to put some animation for her to watch.

Watching them bond is what keeps me going.
Ever since my dad John left us,my mom has really set a priority to always be here and to take care of Katherine and I.It just shows how strong of a woman and devoted of a mother she truly is and John does not deserve her and that's a fact.Speaking of my mom,I didn't get a chance to tell her all about my new job.I was also really nervous to that I had to be away for 8 whole months,well.. technically I can visit her only after a certain amount of shows but still.This is a really huge step for me,for us.

"Hey ma,can we talk?" I asked her nervously and she instantly knew it was gonna be serious.

oh the motherly senses

"Sure Kat,what's going on?" she walked over to my side of the table and sat down next to me,placing her hands delicately on my lap.

"Well you know how you keep encouraging me to go out there and get a job and to experience new stuff ?",I reminded her and she furrowed her eyebrows,not because she was angry but mainly because she was confused as to where this conversation was heading to.

"Yeah yeah,I'm always gonna keep encouraging you Kat and you know that.So keep going." She reassured as she held my hands,giving me a gentle smile.

"Well Lou actually got me a job and she told me that this job is really flexible and there's gonna be a lot of money involved and that means I'll be able to support us. "I explained.

"Kat that's amazing! Tell me more about this job.Where is it ? What are you gonna do ? i need to know all the details love."Her face showing a huge grin.

This was the part where I was going to tell her about being away for 8 months and travelling all around the world.I have no idea how she's gonna take this,i really don't.

"Alright this is gonna sound so crazy but please hear me out." she nodded her head quickly.

"I will be working as a wardrobe organiser and stylist for the artist Harry Styles.Now,I know you're probably losing your shit inside..but this is a huge opportunity for me.Lou told me that I already got the job because Harry is in desperate need to find someone,so I'll be going for the meeting regarding the tour in a short while.Okay so this is where I'm gonna need you to listen,this tour is gonna be a world tour.Meaning I'm gonna be travelling all around the world for at least 8 months. "I explained to her and she had her jaw dropped due to the shockingly unexpected news.

I couldn't tell if she was about to just lose her shit and just shout "no" or if she's genuinely happy for me.

"Ma?"I called her softly and then i noticed that she had tears forming in her eyes and my heart broke at the sight.

Did i say something?? Was this a bad idea?

"Kat this is bloody incredible,I can't believe this.Your cousins are gonna freak when they find out about this,they admire him so much and you know that.I'm so happy that you got the job,and yes 8 months..it breaks my heart knowing that you won't be around to keep Katherine and i company but still,this is a huge opportunity for you.You can't let this go to waste and I'm sure I'll visit you for like 1-2 shows,plus you are going to be travelling all around the world for free.Fucking hell I wish I was living your life." She said with a smile still on her face and I immediately hugged her tightly,she was right.

I have to put myself first and be independent,this is for my family after all. "I love you so much ma, anyways I'm going to head out for the meeting and then maybe you can help me take out the big ol' luggage so I can pack once I arrive home? " I suggested with a cheeky smile and she nodded kissing me on the forehead.

I slipped on my black chunky high heeled leather boots and wore my cat eyed sunglasses over my head as i walked out of the apartment building,only to see Lou's car already parked in the usual spot.I then entered her car and gave her a small peck on the cheek,it was almost like a routine to do that.I made sure I put my safety belt on and got myself comfortable.I turned over to face Lou and noticed that she had the biggest smile plastered on her face as she kept her eyes on me.

"Off we go ?"
"Off we go."