Eclipse

“That's a good place!“ I said and laid out the big blanket onto the grass.

“That's perfect.“ My boyfriend Shawn agreed. He placed his backpack on the ground and sat down on the blanket next to me.

“What time is it?“ He asked me and got a bottle of water out.

“9:30 pm.“ I answered and took the bottle from him after he was done drinking.

“You can already see the moon shining red.“ Shawn pointed at the sky. We were currently at a hill a little bit away from town to watch the lunar eclipse that was tonight. We were both really excited for it because the moon would look red and you could see mars and jupiter and some other planets.

“Do you want some muffins?“

“Is that even a question?“ Shawn's eyes sparkled excited. I laughed and pulled them out of the backback before handing one to him.

“There you go.“

“Thank you babe.“ Shawn kissed my head before biting into the chocolate chip muffin. We were eating quietly until Shawn decided to put on some music. I cuddled into his side and he laid his arms around me, holding me close to him. We watched the moon getting redder when I spotted a bright, red shining light below it.

“Hey, Shawn, what do you think is this? Could that be mars?“

“What do you mean? That red light?“

“Yes.“

“Well I'm not an astrologer but I think that is mars.“ He nodded.

“Wow this is so beautiful!“

“It is.“

I kept looking up at the sky and eventually laid down on the blanket to face the stars. Shawn smiled down at me before laying down as well, his head in my lap. My fingers softly played with his dark curls while my other hand grabbed Shawn's hand. We stayed like that for quite a while, watching the stars together.

“Woah, did you see the shooting star? You can wish for something now!“ I whispered excited.

“I don't have to wish for anything! I already have everything that I need!“ Shawn mumbled before he rolled over to face me. He placed his strong arms on my sides and hovered over me.

“I have you and that's all I need!“ He whispered and kissed me softly.

“You're so damn cute! But I love you for that.“ I smiled.

“I love you more!“ Shawn mumbled between the sweet kisses and I felt my cheeks getting hot before I laid my arms around his neck and pulled him closer to me.

Just a short one...
Did you watch the lunar eclipse last night? I did and it was so beautiful! I was on a hill with friends when I got the idea for this imagine
I'm currently on my way to my grandma because we're going on vacation with her.
Wish you all a good day! Xx