Chapter 12: The Golden Bor

Fandral, Volstagg, Sif and Sigyn all quietly strolled through the quiet and empty streets of Asgard, all concealed under cloaks and hoods. They moved swiftly and silently throughout the shadows, veiled under the night sky.

The four approached the tavern of the meeting place, 'The Golden Bor' a favourite tavern to the royal family in their youth. Thor, Loki and Sigyn would often come here joined by the warriors Three and Lady Sif. All of them would drink and muck around, making fun of their own status and most of all, Odin. They once put a chair on a table while Thor and Loki took turns in pretending to be their father. Until he found out and stormed the tavern with guards.

It made Sigyn smile at the thought, no wonder Thor chose to meet here. Sigyn lowered her hood as they entered the tavern, Fandral and Volstagg lead to way to the table in the far corner where Thor sat waiting, his face illuminated by the candles on the table, while Heimdall leaned against the wall behind him.

Mugs where already waiting for them as they took their seats around the circular table. Sigyn sitting on Thor's right, with Sif next to her, then Fandral and Volstagg who sat across.

"Thank you for coming here." Thor nodded with appreciation. "What I'm about to ask you is treason of the highest order. Success will bring us exile, and failure shall mean our deaths. Malekith knew the Aether was here. He can sense its power. If we do nothing, he will come for it again, but this time, lay waste to all of Asgard. We must move Jane off-world."

"The Bifrost has been shut down." Sif exclaims. "And the tesseract locked away in the vault."

"There are other paths off Asgard." Heimdall announces, his deep voice slicing the quiet tension. "Ways known only to a few."

"One, actually." Sigyn stated. All eyes averted to her, all knowing exactly who she was talking about. Fandral clapped his hands together with a sigh.

"No." Volstagg murmured.

"He will betray you." Fandral stated.

"He will try." Thor answered.

"Well, what then?" Fandral slapped the table and leaned back into his seat, crossing his arms. "Your lovely mortal is being guarded by a legion of Einherjar who will see you coming from miles away."

"I won't be the one who comes for her." Thor glanced towards Sif, who's shoulders faltered and her mouth fell open slightly with disappointment.

"And what of the All-Father?" Sigyn asked, her fingers tracing the handle of the mug.

"It is my sworn duty to notify him of crimes against the throne." Heimdall explains. "I will lure him to the bifrost, away from the palace."

"Assume you can get Loki's help, and you can free this mortal." Volstagg spoke nervously, "What good would it do? We'd all be dead the minute we step one foot outside the palace."

"That, my friend, is why we won't be leaving by foot." Thor explains.

"Of course, lets steal the massive ship they crashed into the palace. Why Not?"

"That will be your job, guard it until we arrive." Thor says. Volstagg sighed heavily before nonchalantly nodding.

"Okay, you steal the ship, how do you plan to leave Asgard. They'll shoot it down before we make it past the bridge." Sigyn says.

"That is where Fandral comes into play, he will take a skiff, and he will be waiting for us along the bridge." Thor explained.

Fandral nods, "Easier said than done."

"And where exactly do I come into play in your master plan?" Sigyn asked.

"I was hoping you would speak to Loki. Convince him to join us, he will only listen to you." Thor says.

"I was thinking it would be better if you were to ask him instead. Gain his trust." Sigyn explained. "You haven't seen him since he's been put away... and he is currently distraught."

"I understand..." Thor nodded. "... but there is another issue. Your father."

"Leave him to me."