Chapter 14: Rousing Discussions

Sigyn quickly rushed around the palace grounds, clad in full armour and constantly looking around for any guards to send away. It was only a moment ago she watched as Odin rode towards the Bifrost with a squadron.

She rounded a pillar to head in the direction of the dungeons, until her father stepped out in front of her.

"Father?!" Sigyn nearly ran into him surprised.

"You seem agitated." Iwaldi says. "Is everything alright?"

"Of course." Sigyn replied.

"Why are you in your armour then?" He asks suspiciously. 

"Can you blame me?" Sigyn asked. "We were just attacked, I'm only staying prepared because we don't know when the Dark Elves will strike again."

"Of course, you're right." Iwaldi nodded slightly. "Off to see, Loki?" he looked over his shoulder in the direction of the dungeons.

"Yes, I was." Sigyn replied following his gaze. "I also suggest you prepare, father."

Iwaldi turned his head towards his daughter again, he looked her up and down, expecting her to give away her true motives, but she remained unreadable. Iwaldi then nodded and moved around Sigyn and headed in the opposite direction.

~~~*~~~

Thor and Loki rounded the corner, emerging from the stairs that led down into the dungeons. Thor walked with a fast stride and a straight face, clearly in no mood for Loki's games.

Speaking of which, Loki followed closely behind his brother with a broad smile across his face and clad in his armour. He looked newly freshened after his tantrum in the cells below. The two brother strode down the halls, the morning sun only beginning to rise.

 The two brother strode down the halls, the morning sun only beginning to rise

"This is so unlike you, brother." Loki chuckled, "So clandestine. Are you sure you wouldn't just rather punch your way out?"

"If you keep speaking, I just might." Thor threatened searching his surrounding for any guards, but if the cards where played right, Sigyn should had ordered them away.

Loki pursed his lips, "Fine. As you wish. I'm not even here." a green glow surrounded Loki's body as his appearance changed into an Einherjar.

"Is this better?" the voice of the guard asked.

Thor looked at his 'brother' and the form he took, "It's better company at least."

"Still, we could be less conspicuous."

This time, a glow settled on them both and Loki was back to his original state, but Thor however took the form of Lady Sif.