Chapter 19: Destroy The Aether

Loki threw out his hand, a green glow emanating from his hand. Thor raised his arm that Loki cut off, a green glow surrounded his hand revealing his hand again as he summoned his hammer.

Loki grabbed Sigyn's hand as he ran towards Jane and threw his body over her. Sigyn kneeled beside Loki as Thor summoned lightning from his hammer and directed it towards the vulnerable Aether.

The lightning struck the Aether causing it to react, the lightning kept focused on the Aether until it couldn't take it anymore.

With a massive bang, the Aether exploded into a thousand shards above their heads

With a massive bang, the Aether exploded into a thousand shards above their heads. Sigyn ducked her head down and shielded her head with her arms, while Loki protected Jane with his body. A black cloud of dust settled on them with an eerie silence.

Sigyn looked up to see Jane and Loki also looking out in anticipation, wondering if the plan actually worked and the Aether was destroyed.

Then, the red shards on the ground began to rise around them, Loki shuffled back slightly as the shards lifted around them and began to move towards Malekith and the creature in a heap of dust, it sounded like a thousand glass windows shattering c...

Then, the red shards on the ground began to rise around them, Loki shuffled back slightly as the shards lifted around them and began to move towards Malekith and the creature in a heap of dust, it sounded like a thousand glass windows shattering continuously. The Aether reformed in front of Malekith, who stretched out his arms allowing the Aether to enter his body through his eyes, nose and mouth. And within seconds it was over.

They had failed.

Malekith's head dropped, before slowly rising to reveal his red eyes. He looked at the creature sharply, and without word, Malekith spun on his heel and began his trek back to his ship. Leaving three Elves to stay and fight while the creature and the rest turned to follow his master.

"Are you alright?" Loki turned his head to Sigyn.

"You shouldn't be asking me that question." she informed as he stood and held out his hand. She took his hand and he easily pulled her to her feet. Sigyn turned to help Jane to her feet as well.

"I'm okay." Jane huffs exhausted.

Thor advanced, knocking out the three elves that advanced to attack.