I don't know how to cook, but I'm doing it anyway

Unedited

"Great job training today, guys," Shiro praised us as we walked into the room that held the long table in it, the same place we had the goo fight in the day before.. "We're really getting the hang of Voltron."

"Seriously, how far do you think my lion kicked that broken alien ship?" Lance asked, proud of himself. "Must have been like a mile!"

"Yeah, that'll come in handy when the Galra challenges Voltron to a soccer match," Keith retorted, stopping next to Lance in front of the doorway while everyone else moved forward. Except me. I stood behind them. Totally not eavesdropping on purpose.

"Hey, I did something cool and you couldn't handle it. I get it," Lance said, putting his hands on his hips.

"Your kick ruined our balance. We fell," Keith pointed out, clearly unamused, and continued walking to catch up with the others.

"That falling part was Hunk's fault," Lance tried to shift the blame as he began to walk as well.

"Hey!" Hunk exclaimed, a bit offended by Lance's claim, and struggled a little to take off his helmet which came off with a loud 'pop'.

"All right, save your energy for fighting Zarkon," Shiro broke up the argument, sitting down at the head of the table.

"Hello, guys!" Coran entered the room, carrying a covered platter, most likely carrying food. "How was the Voltron workout?"

"We're getting there," Shiro answered for us. "Are you and Allura almost done fixing the Castle so we can leave this planet? I feel like we're sitting ducks here on Arus."

"Just about," Coran replied, setting the dish down on the able between Shiro and Hunk. I walked over, standing next to Coran.

"Besides that, is that food you've got there Coran?" I asked, some enthusiasm leaking out, clearly excited by the thought of actual food and not food goo.

"Why, yes indeed!" He replied enthusiastically. "To get your minds off these duck seats you're worried about, I made you guys an authentic ancient paladin lunch!"

I could feel my mouth begin to water, my gaze fixated on the plate in front of me, only to be immediately let down as Coran removed the lid, showcasing a green, porous blob with yellow-green stumps of some sort oozing out of the pores. I could feel myself cringe in disgust, my nose scrunching up as everyone else groaned, except for Coran.

"Coran, you just got me hooked on that goo and now you're switching it up?" Hunk asked, not excited about this new food at all.

"This is packed with nutrients," Coran explained.

Hunk leaned forward and sniffed it, "Oh, it smells disgusting!"

Coran went and smelt it too before shooting back up again. "I know! That's how you know it's healthy!"

"Coran, food can be healthy and can smell and taste just as appetizing. Don't you have anything like that? Like mashed potatoes, for example. Lots of Calcium and Potassium," I asked him. Now I'm craving Earth food and those homemade mashed potatoes we eat at Thanksgiving (I don't know if any of you celebrate Thanksgiving or something like it, so replace it with something else you celebrate if you want).

"I don't know what a 'mashed potatoes' is, but I assure you, this authentic paladin lunch will get you right back on your feet in no time!" Coran replied.

"Coran, we're on a planet now with fresh herbs, spices, and whatever this thing is. A tuber?" Hunk said, holding up some kind of plant that had a green husk around a twisted yellow center. Keith and Lance just walked away while Hunk had Coran's attention. "Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to head back to the kitchen and spice things up," Hunk walked pat Coran, heading to the door Coran had come through.