Exploring is Fun When it isn't Illegal With Possible Diseases

Unedited

There were some technical altercations and I lost the prompt information from the contest winners. So sorry about that, but please, when you get the chance, tell me what you'd like for your reward once more. Thank you for your time. Now, onto the story!

We were all gathered on the bridge, watching Pidge as she was going through the digitized memories of Sendak. I couldn't make heads or tails of what was happening on the holo-screen, seeing as it was filled with graphs and characters of a language I couldn't identify, let alone understand.

Allura was the first to break the silence. "Somewhere inside Sendak's memories we should be able to find the inside information that gives us the key to take down Zarkon."

Coran had an obvious hint of uncertainty in his voice. "I don't think your father would approve of searching through an enemy's memories."

"I know, but we have to do everything we can to defeat Zarkon.

Lance, on the other hand, couldn't have sounded more confident. "Once we learn all his weaknesses, we can drive up to his front door and challenge him to a fight. Winner gets the universe."

"Uh, I don't think Zarkon is the kind of guy to go: 'Well hey there fellow Galra, how would you like to know my greatest weakness and the easiest way to assassinate me?' No offense Lance, but, you don't exactly rule the known universe by divulging your weaknesses to others." I pointed out, speaking what I thought was obvious.

Shiro decidedly ignored Lance, seeming to agree that Lance made a dumb statement, and opted to speak to Pidge instead. "Anything good yet, Pidge?"

Pidge's full attention was on sifting through the information but managed to give a short reply. "We were only able to salvage bits and pieces." Well, that didn't exactly answer the question, but I guess that means a big fat 'no.'

Keith sighed, "We need something to work with. Right now, we don't even have a decent map of the empire."

Lance, once again, being the resident rash dumbass opened his mouth once again. "Who needs a map? After ten thousand years of conquering, I could probably fire my bayard at any random point in space and hit a Galra ship."

I immediately refuted, scared that he might actually go through with that. "Or you might hit an innocent civilian and become a war criminal."

Lance had a bit of an embarrassed look to his face before he crossed his arms and grumbled, "well, I wasn't actually gonna do that."

'Sure, Lance. Of course you weren't.

"If we could just find troop locations or supply routes, small targets we could hit-and-run, then we could start to free planets one by one." Shiro said, and you could practically see him conducting strategies in his head for finding the best course of action.

       'Mmm guerilla warfare... I like it.'

Lance groaned before jumping into a 'bring it on, fight me' boxing-like pose. "Boring. I want the big kaboom."

Shiro, ever the voice of reason, shot down Lance's action movie dream before I had the chance. "Zarkon's been building his empire for ten thousand years. We're not going to tear it down overnight with six inexperienced pilots and one support ship. Hitting him where he lives would be a huge mistake."

Pidge spoke up, drawing our attention completely on her. "Okay, I've cross-referenced Sendak's memories with the info I got from the downed ship back on Arus. Most of it was a garbled mess, but one thing kept repeating, something called a 'Universal Station.'"