O N E

Seem.

An hour earlier.

It was lunchtime and the students of Cheongshim High school were enjoying their well-deserved break after being cooped up in a stuffy room with nothing but math equations lingering in their heads.

But the harmonious bell had rung and students were speeding away from their textbooks before they were eaten alive by the number of pop quizzes their teachers kept giving.

They went to eat but to mostly talk about news that was traveling about new relationships and old ones as well as,

Kim Haeun.

Most people referred to her as the " Mean girl " and Haeun couldn't agree more. She had the face, the clothes and most definitely the personality of one.

Haeun walked into the cafeteria, face made of stone as she went to grab some food which was a bag of bread and a bottle of cold water. Then she went over to one of the guys seated with his friends, laughing to a joke before stopping.

" Oh, Haeeunnie-"

" Let's break up," she declared. The boy's happy face turns into a one of confusion.

" What? What do you mean? " he asks. It was only the first week of being a junior and Haeun had already broken a guy's hopes and dreams.
The guy stands up and gawks, leaning close to her face so no one but her can hear.

" We've been dating for a two months already. That's the longest you've been with someone for." He reasons.

" Really Hansol? The girl who you were asking her number for says otherwise. You were boring me anyways." Haeun says with a shrug and walks over to a couple of girls who were whispering loudly.

" You're Lee Mirae right? Come with me." Haeun says, grabbing the girl by her arm and dragging her out of the cafeteria.

Mirae makes a horrified expression towards Hansol while her friend trail behind her with worried expressions.

" Please don't hurt me Haeun." Mirae whimpers while Haeun lets her stumble. They were in the quiet hallways now.

" You knew who Hansol was dating but you still gave him your number," Haeun said, pushing Mirae just the slightest, causing her to fall to the ground in a sob.

" Why are you crying? You're not a kid anymore," The girl declared, hands on her hips. Her brown hair was piled up into a high ponytail and it occasionally swung from side to side when the girl moved her head.

However, Mirae laid in a fetal position, sobbing softly.

" What-What did I ever do you to Haeun? " she stuttered as her friends picked her up. Haeun glared and walked over, hand clutching to the collar of the girl's shirt.

Everything.

•••

" Kim Haeun right? " said an unidentified girl who tapped her pen against the clipboard. Haeun assumed she was also one of the members and rolled her eyes, still holding her red cheek.

" Here." The girl said and gave her a slip of paper with had read "1-hour volunteering at the school library, after school." Haeun let out an offended scoff and points to Jungkook was tapping away at his phone.

" He slapped me, " Haeun demanded, angrily waving the slip.

" Yes, it wasn't the most efficent way to deal with the problem, so we've given Jungkook his own punishment." the girl said, nodding to herself in agreement.

" Amazing, I'm extremely thankful," Haeun turned away to leave.

This was the first time she had ever been called by the council and she hoped it was the last.

The council, as Haeun was informed was just a bunch of nerds who believed in fairness and loyalty and trust. The girl apparently, was Kang Jihyun who was the president who was a senior and Jungkook was the vice president who was a now a junior. She wasn't in the mood to memorize the other four members.

•••

Heading into her last class which was unfortunately, math, she pulled out her notebook and waited patiently for the teacher to start her lesson.

But of course, many took notice of her and whispered. Some drooling guys and maybe even some jealous girls. Haeun smirked and then the teacher walked in.

Haeun was now a junior in high school, which meant that it would be the busiest year for her. From career councils to Korean SAT, her life was not going to get any harder.

" Stupid student council," she said.

•••

Haeun had to waste time shelving books from the library when she was supposed to be taking her cram course.

The library, as usual, was filled with a bunch of students who were diligently studying.
But work had to be done so Haeun immediately began to place books quickly into order without paying attention to the author nor the genre.

Things were going well with Haeun having thirty minutes to spare. She was smiling happily to herself until hearing someone clear their throat.

" You're doing a poor job at organizing."

" You're doing a poor job at minding your own business, but we can't help that can we?" Haeun turned to see Jungkook with his arms folded while he leaned on one of the spare wooden tables. She could have cared less about the fact that Jungkook was glaring at her.

And she did.

But giving Jungkook a good scan she did notice that the guy was in fact quite, handsome. The broad shoulder, the high cheekbone, and defined jawline were doing justice to his bitter personality.

" But you see, I'm really in a rush, " Haeun said, walking to Jungkook and trailing a finger across his crisp blazer to brush off an invisible speck of dust.

" And I would really appreciate that you could keep this a little secret between you and me," she said with a snide smile.

" You know my punishment is to watch you and if you're doing a horrible job I could just report to the prez that you need two more hours of volunteering," He smiled, slapping Haeun hand away.

Haeun's smile faltered and it was replaced with a glare as she pulled out the book she had just shelved.

Stupid.Vice.President.

" And don't forget to fix each and every one of those books. I got all the time in this world."