F O U R T Y 8

Who.

•••

Flashback.

Those days when Haeun and Hansol held hands seemed almost like a dream. Hansol's proud smile was never ending as he walked around school, a hand around Haeun's shoulder.

Haeun wasn't sure if she even was a person anymore when it came to him. She was simply just a living trophy that he won. But of course, it drew even more attention to her, so why would she stop him.

It was just,

In her heart,

She felt the smallest desire to truly show him who she used to be. She wanted to see if he would still hold her like he did now.

But that answer could so easily be answered.

Of course he wouldn't.

In fact, he wouldn't even shift glance.

" Hansol." She asked. Hansol hummed in response, turning his head towards her, hair bouncing as he did so. She gave him a look, and nudged his hand away from her neck.

" You're suffocating me." She glared, hitting his hand playfully.

" Oh am I? Whoops." He chuckled, squeezing her tighter.

" And now this is abuse." Haeun tapped him. She looked over to see a fews girl staring at them. She could see their distressed, eyes brimming with curiosity and wonder.

And in more ways than one, she added in her head.

end flashback

•••

Haeun was sure her body was paralyzed in place when Jungkook had so abruptly pulled her into a k-

k-

Kiss.

The piney scent of the park traveled with the wind, a slight fog clouding over the area, as if they were on a flying island that was lulled in the sky. The sun was playing a fine game of hide and seek, doing its best to hide, although peaking out just enough for beams of light to escape

Haeun could notice the whole world in its entirety it had seemed. Jungkook's fingertips still holding her chin while his gleaming eyelashes fluttered open.

" Don't take me lightly." He said, as if his actions were meant to demonstrate some sort of example, but Haeun could barely respond. He started walking away, But Haeun couldn't just shake warily, turning back into that indecisive girl she was in middle school.

She was Kim Haeun.

The Mean Girl.

The pretty girl that set everyone's hearts on fire.

Haeun still felt the breeze once more, cooling her warm cheeks and began sprinting over to Jungkook. Her feet pulsed, the soles of her shoes failing to touch the ground. The leaves crackled and crunched from every step, closer and closer.

" Was that some sort of warning,
Jungkook-ah? " Haeun scoffed, standing in front of Jungkook, lungs heaving at the sight of the messy haired, broad shouldered teenager, his long stride steps converting to Haeun's jog.