Chapter 22: Busted

Chapter 22: Busted

It was a hot and sunny summer day in the park where several groups of people were hanging out with their friends and family, sweating. There was nothing better than a cold, hydrating, and delicious drink at times like this.

"Oh, this is such a lovely idea!" Fluttershy exclaimed happily as she walked around, handing out free samples of apple juice and pie made by none other than Applejack and her family. People accepted the samples gladly, visibly lighting up after just one single sip.

"Wow, I forgot how good these were!" a girl declared, chugging the whole cup in less than a second. "Could I possibly buy a bottle?"

"Well, of course!" Fluttershy smiled brightly, turning around to prepare the order.

"FREE SAMPLES OF THE BEST APPLE JUICE EVER!" Pinkie Pie jumped excitedly, shoving a cup into the hands of every moving creature attempting to make its way past her.

"I agree, this is absolutely brilliant!" Rarity turned around to smile at the girl standing behind her. Rainbow Dash shut her eyes with a grin and puffed her chest out proudly.

"What can I say? I'm a genius."

"It's really not that special, you just came up with giving out free samples. Not like that's never been done before, ya know." Applejack came up to join the girls, jokingly nudging at Rainbow's shoulder. Rainbow pouted at her.

"Oh shut up AJ, no way you would've ever thought of this. It's simple and solves the problem effortlessly in no time. Basically, genius!"

Applejack rolled her eyes before chuckling at the girl. "Fine, I'll give ya that." Rainbow grinned back at her.

Rarity studied them carefully before smiling brightly. "You've really made up!" she declared happily. The girls stared at her before laughing awkwardly.

"Well- yeah, haha..."

"Oh that's wonderful news, I'm so happy for you!"

"Me too," Twilight, who no one had noticed appeared, added. "You had us all really worried. I can't explain how happy I am that it all worked out. I knew you'd do it."

Applejack attempted to widen her smile when suddenly-

"Oh, sweet apples."

And she sprinted back towards the farm.

The girls blinked.

"What the hay?" Rainbow Dash mumbled.

"I like sweet apples," Pinkie said, apparently having snuck up between the confused girls' god knows when. "I mean who doesn't?" she shifted her gaze between the girls but didn't receive a response. Shrugging, she went back to shoving cups into strangers' hands.

"Uhh, I'll go after her, I guess," Rainbow Dash said uncertainly.

"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea," Twilight replied.

"Applejack?"

The entrance had been left with a tiny crack, big enough for Rainbow to sneak her fingers in and slowly push the wooden door open.

"Uh... hello? Are you in here?" she tried.

No reply.

She rolled her eyes exasperatedly, groaning, feeling her patience run dangerously low. "Come on AJ, I know you're here." She heard a voice call from upstairs.

"I'm fine, Rainbow. Just gimme a moment."

"You don't sound fine." Rainbow took a few big steps towards the set of stairs and started making her way up, every step leaving a loud cracking sound.