Chapter 17

Intense dark chocolate eyes with worry lines and wrinkles surrounds them. Concern and worry twirls in them as they stare into to my light brown ones.

Tension stinks in the air that we breathe. Silence loud, deafening.

Standing I went to the sink and place the bowl in. I find myself thinking maybe I should have waited before consuming the delicious soup. Nervousness swirls in the pit of my stomach threatening to empty the contents I had not too long devoured.

Do I really want to know?

They say somethings are better left unknown. If humans were to have the knowledge of these creatures existence they would have been aware of it from the beginning of time.

Do I really want to know?

Having the knowledge of their existence wouldn't it technically speaking make me a part of their world. It could also make me vulnerable to the dangers that lies with the knowledge I would now possess. knowledge I should not have been given, knowledge no human should possess.

Do I really want to know?

Knowledge is power. Power that can be used to defend and protect all I care about. From what I have witness I can testify no one indeed knows the future or what it entails.

So, when I ask myself the question; Do I really want to know?

The answer is; Yes, I need to know.

Settling on the chair once again I silently watch Levi. His face had modified, he no longer wore a concern expression as his lips are pressed in a thin line, his stony features symbolized Levi is in serious mode.

He breaks the silence by asking, "what do you want to know?", his voice cool and strong telling me he is serious about the situation.

'This is it'. My brain is more than ready to spill all the question piled up, but I am going to start with the easy ones then work my way up to the complicated questions, "Where do werewolves come from?"

"I am not sure where we originally come from but it as been said the moon goddess created us, creatures of the moon. This what we have been told by our parents and grandparent for thousands of years." Leviticus tells me.

My eyes widen, thousands of years! thats how long humans have lived amongst these creatures without the knowledge of their existence. Wow!

"How is your kind created? Do you get bitten then turn likes in the movies?" I ask focusing on Levi's every word.

He raised a brow at me as if to say comparing us to movies really, I shrug in reply then he answers, "No, it's in our gene, we are born with it. Some have been bitten trying to change but they always die?"

"You said some have been bitten, so they have been other humans that knew of your existence?" I inquired eagerly.

"yes, over time we have made friends that we trust to tell them our secret. We cannot always control where we shift and that can be in front of a human sometimes. Our mates can be either werewolf or human"

"Mates as in soulmates like the one I have read about in wolf novels." I find myself getting fascinated with the findings I am hearing.

"Yes, somethings in these novels are true, mates being one of them amongst others like we find our mates by their sweet scent and that we shift into our wolves went we hit puberty and other stuff like mind-link, heighten senses, rogues. But not everything is true or completely accurate", he explains.

"I have read some books, so I get the general understanding of what you are saying but what are the thing that are not accurate", I had always liked learning about new thing and now it seems this topic has became one.