Chapter 31: One Step Closer

Friday

Friday

Qing's POV

"Good evening, sir..!" I stood up and bowed down; greeting the man walking towards my table, respectfully, "thank you for coming to see me.."

"Good evening.." Mr Tsang bowed back, politely at me, "please, sit down, Qing."

We sat down together taking the seats in front of each other. For the first time, in three months, I didn't go straight to Dayu's place. Instead I headed to one of the restaurant in town, that Mr Tsang had recommended.

As soon as I decided that I would change the status quo between Dayu and I ; that I wanted to start our relationship on a clear level during my visit this time; I knew that first I would have to meet with this man.

If I wanted to date Dayu; I would do it properly. I would get the permission from the father figure in Dayu's life first. Strange decision? No. I think this is the proper way. This is me; wanting to give this relationship everything that I have. Other people may think that a relationship is supposed to be started between the two involved party first; but that's between young couples who still don't know whether they'd take their relationship to another level, beyond dating, or not.

It's different for Dayu and I. We are beyond that. I planned on propelling our relationship beyond dating, since three years ago. In fact, I already set up my eyes on the only ultimate goal for this relationship, between Dayu and I. It's forever. Till death do us part. I will settle for nothing less than that.

So, I called the one person now; closest to being called my 'father in law'.

"Thank you again for coming, sir. I really appreciate it..." when I called Mr Tsang earlier asking him if we could meet this evening, before I drove here, he sounded a little shocked but, he agreed right away.

"You're welcome.." The older man, nodded fixing his serious gaze at me, "I gather, you have something important to talk about..?" And as I had anticipated, Mr Tsang didn't beat around the bush, pretending not to understand why I asked for this meeting.